What bugs me about EMC..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Daffy22, Jun 26, 2012.

1. If a situation comes up that requires attention, like anything else on the server, we'll handle it one situation at a time.
  2. I do agree that the community is taking a dive, and it makes me sad. I used to legitimately play on EMC for at least half an hour each day. Now, I rarely log on, and if I do, it's just to make sure I don't lose all my crap in case I decide to come back. -_-

I think you just have to be patient with kids and tell them that they aren't just gonna be handed what they want in life. I mean, they're just kids. They need SOMEONE to teach them this, and once they realize what they've been doing, I'm sure they'll begin to change and fix the issues.

BUT, if they don't, and they keep going around acting like lunatics, that's what /ignore and /report are for. Hopefully an admin or mod will be able to sort out the problem quickly after it arises if you report it. Maybe if the tutorial was lengthened, like you said, people would learn that this is a serious, mature community, and that you have to EARN the privilege to be a part of it.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  3. Oh for pete's sake. Do you have any idea how many generations have been saying this exact same comment?
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  4. EDIT: Yeah...edited out...for obvious reasons. -_-
  5. Oh no, not the KILLER SLUGS

6. Well, I am slightly offended by your sweeping stereotyping insult to a generation - which by the way has and is doing some really outstanding stuff.

You may see doom and gloom with each coming bloom of offspring.

You know what I see?

New technology, from brilliant minds that makes it easier and easier to have access to people all of the world. We are entering a world where people blindly make friends with people they never see in person. Instead of fighting and hatred based on race and religion - our youth is connecting more than ever with people they never would have been able to before. How will it be when our world takes out its aggression in a match of Call of Duty instead of shooting each other IRL on a battle field.

You know what I see?

I see a world that becomes ever more tolerant as each generation moves away from those that came before us. Those who enslaved and degraded humans due to stupidity and inflated self worth. Those who (not long ago) segregated and punished people based on differences. We are a new world - where we can be friends with anyone we chose, where we can (soon) love and marry as we wish. We can have beautiful mixed race babies who can grow up to be president. Where women have choices and equal rights. Every day our world gains tolerance and understanding. How do you say we are getting worse?

Do you know what I see?

I see a world that has endless possibilities - because I was lucky enough to be raised in a life "better than my parents". I have homes and dreams and see an amazing future where my grandchildren take vacations in space - and live in a world with less violence and war, simply because we care more about our fellow man.

I bet you want to know what I see.

I see a world that kids don't only NOT expect everything handed to them on a silver platter, but I see a world where more and more kids are going out and doing great things. Building amazing empires on small ideas that turn into amazing real life dreams. They are entrepreneurs younger - and stronger in standing for themselves than ever before.

You base your judgments on a few youths you meet here and there - because they are egocentric. Well guess what. We all are born egocentric. It takes time to learn and grow enough to care for others. You were the same, in your youth. We all were. We all grow out of it. It is simple brain chemistry.

So DONT make blind judgments. Open your eyes- truly look - because then you will know what I see.
  7. EDIT: I want to defend myself, because I did a very poor job of conveying my feelings earlier (as I was in a rush to go somewhere), but I feel like it won't do me any good. I was IN NO WAY trying to say that this generation sucks. Re-reading what I wrote (early in the morning, I might add) made me realize that some people might take it the wrong way.

So, after trying to write an entire paragraph explaining my feelings, I realized there was no point, but I will say one thing. I have not lost faith in this generation, and I am not stereotyping EVERYONE in it (ok, a few things.). I AM, however, insulted that you're telling me what I'm basing my judgements off of and telling me what I see. I understand where you're coming from completely, and I agree with you, but still. Sooooo...yeah. Respond however you want. Usually when stuff gets to this point, it's "so terribly wrong" for me to defend my position (which is NOT saying everything is bad, I NEVER SAID THAT), so I'm just gonna leave it at that.
  8. you know what, im kinda sick of all the hate to the 8 year olds! i think now we should focus on the 7 year olds...
    oh yes, they are the really rowdy bunch!
    scratchminus, Daffy22 and josh303011 like this.