We just reached 444 444 members!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Tuqueque, Sep 18, 2016.

1. My estimation based on TEXP is around 2,000 -
    more or less active people (not accounts).

Accounts according to current monthly TEXP (not cumulative):
    Highly active (above 10k): ~ 125
    Really active (above 5k): ~ 85
    Active (above 2k): ~ 150
    Somewhat active (above 1k): ~ 140
    Low activity (above 100): ~ 610

Sum: 1,110

Currently, around 500 accounts are used to "really" "play" the game on EMC.

An account that was logged in for few minutes or few hours, weeks or months ago, is not really a "member" ...

According to TEXP (life, above ~ 5k), there are around 2,500 people who really did play the game on EMC.

According to my shops statistics, there are around 4,000 accounts seen since July 2012.
    It would be interesting if Leowaste and Alex could tell us the number of accounts seen in their shops.
    607 likes this.
  2. So I'm having a brain fog day so sorry if I have this all wrong :p

But TEXP is when you get xp in game and your levels go up right? If this is the case it may not be an accurate way to gage a players activity.

Look at mine for example
    and I play for several hours every day. I just stay in town building and all my xp goes to mending tools now.

Like I said I don't full understand somestuff. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  3. Yeah, that's true, this way you'd fall into the "somewhat active" category.
    It's still a decent way to check for active players, though. Most active players will have at least 1 monthly TEXP, and completely inactive players won't have any.
    M4ster_M1ner, kevmeup and Kytula like this.
  4. It's true that TEXP can not tell us if a distinct player is really active or not - that's why I've used double quotes twice - "really" "play". Nevertheless, I think it's an usable indicator for statistical purposes. The number of people that have less than 5,000 TEXP (life) but did "really" "play" on EMC is for sure insignificant in the big picture.

There are very active players with low TEXP, but there are also quite some alts used at grinders with high TEXP.

I'm not sure if XP used for mending contributes to TEXP or not. Anyone?
    We can test that...
    607, Kytula and Tuqueque like this.
  5. I have 0 monthly TEXP, yet I've played for many hours this month. ;)
    M4ster_M1ner, 607 and Kytula like this.
  6. Well, we don't get xp for bidding on auctions and moving DCs of stuff ... yet ;)
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  7. XP for moving DCs of stuff... I'd be number one for this month - I've moved multiple hundreds of double chests around this month (reorganising 859, especially concerning bulk stuff (now mostly done)). :p
    607 and M4ster_M1ner like this.