Wastelands Reset

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Woo! 1.7.2, here I come! <3
  2. Great, perfect timing.

I just got home from my exam (which take some time to study for) to a warning that update would be done in 3 minutes. It took me a few seconds to realize that this meant a likely wasteland reset, possibly... Then a few more to realize that if that happened, I'd lose my tools I have in a chest in the wasteland (which is still an easy net gain over carting them back and forth). My main is deep in the wilderness, so I had to get my second, which had a different password because my friend was using it, which was on Facebook, and by the time I had scrolled through that ridiculously slow message loading thing, it was too late.

I feel that had an additional 24 hours passed to perform this update, nobody would be hurt in any way. I was just on last night for an hour and there was no sign of this on the server. We've all been waiting months anyways. I feel that an email would have been great as I've checked my email about 3 times. I mean, Forge isn't even out so I can't mine very fast anyways. There's no advantage to me to have the update sooner.

I know wasteland has warnings, but I never thought you'd actually reset with 24 hours notice in only one place. I was thinking at least 48. I was sure I'd get an email at least. This is frustrating because I put a lot of time to get those tools and what do I need to do? Have a script that constantly refreshed your homepage and emails/SMSes me if it adds an update about wilderness reset? The wasteland is absolutely useless if I can't build some form of minimal base there to store tools and not live in perpetual fear it'll disappear the next day. Does everyone else seriously waste a quarter of their inventory space carting tools back and forth, and another quarter moving tiny fractions of stacks?
  3. The wastes aren't reset yet, as far as I know. It's just 1.7 is out.
  4. Is anyone else getting lots of errors when they try to connect? The best I got was walking about 30 blocks in the game.
  5. Already in the new 1.7 biomes :p
    This is where being way out in the frontier has its benefits.
    I am excited for the wastelands to reset as well.
  6. What happens to roses? Do they become a rare or turn into something else?
  7. Roses turn into poppys
  8. When exactly are the wastes going to reset? I'm sitting here waiting xD
  9. Dammit Conn have patience xP
  10. What is this patience you speak of? ;)
    Kells18 likes this.
  11. I love your signature :p so pretty
    deathconn likes this.
  12. Sorry you lost stuff but when you enter the wastelands you are given clear warning
    "Do not build structures here as it can be reset without warning."
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. Very sorry you lost your stuff but as said above, the warning is to not store anything there (which is why we do not allow locked chest).

But this was posted yesterday, so it has been 24 hours.
    deathconn likes this.
  14. Yep they reset them now... I luckily managed to pick up my fortune 3 pickaxe in between the glitches and funniness that has been going on. But I didn't realize they actually were resetting everything at this moment. So I've only lost all my other tools which represent about a stack of diamonds, an efficiency 5 pick, and of course a chest full of partial stacks of various blocks. I think I'm just going to stay out of the wastelands for good now. They're pretty much entirely useless.
  15. The trees are invading....
    2013-12-11_02.34.02.png
    South West Waste, smp7
  16. I had this issue fixed when the waste was first introduced but an MC update brought it back :/ Just PM a sr staff to have them clean any like this up.
  17. The main goal of them is to always have fresh materials and new biomes... very useful :)

It's just asked to not store anything there, as they need to be reset on version updates (And potentially between)
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  18. Is it like a rule to not store stuff, or just a suggestion? Just curious. Like when I go out a long ways I will hide some chests with some of the stuff I gathered inside or near a shelter, that's not breaking a rule right?
  19. It's not against the rules, just not recommended for your sake since you run the risk of loosing your items on short notice.
    penfoldex likes this.
  20. It's just a suggestion. Due to the wastelands being reset from time to time, the message is just to advise you to not keep it there for too long or risk losing it in a reset. :)

EDIT: Dang it, Ace :p ninja'd…