Wastelands Reset

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Dec 9, 2013.

1. oh.. this news deserves a Happy Dance!

:thumb:
    hashhog3000 and jrm531 like this.
  2. Cant wait for this :D
  3. So what biomes are players looking to discover?
    I might get my alt out and go hunt for a Ice Plains Spikes.
    hashhog3000, RainbowChin and _Stads_ like this.
  4. Well, roofed forests, acacia and the new deserts (they have been made much much bigger)
  5. so for those of us that are way out in the wild, will we be able to discover these new biomes when we move out into the unexplored areas around us?
  6. I would think so as that is how it has worked for the other Minecraft updates, however with the major world generation overhaul perhaps it isn't :confused:
  7. I believe any new chunk that has never been loaded will load as a 1.7 generated chunk. And I'm looking forward to them clay covered mesa's :D
  8. The mesa is my favorite biome, and I'll go looking for one. I also like the ice spikes cuz, pointy violent spikes.
    Rainier6 and melk73 like this.
  9. When you load a new chunk in a lets say a 1.2.5 world in 1.7 that chunk will be a 1.7 chunk with the new biomes etc

You can test it right now too,
    1. Create a new profile on 1.2
    2. Load up a new world on the default setting
    3. Create a 1.7 profile
    4. Go in the 1.2 world you creates and explore new chunks
  10. You stole my new favorite biome :(
  11. okay, am I the only one at least slightly scared by this update? Bukkit 1.7 may have been released, but only as a development version. Just gonna keep chanting: "Have faith in Aikar, have faith in Aikar, have faith in Aikar"
    dresden72 likes this.
  12. Aikar will only update once bukkit is at a point were he is happy with it don't forget :)
    Heyitskat likes this.
  13. I just went to the bukkit page to read up. I always forget to read the twitter feed, looks like it is making pretty good progress. I'm still happy and excited to see the update.
  14. I'M not scared as much per-say as I feel bad for the dev's and the frustrating things they will be going through working out the kinks :(
  15. I agree with you, Bukkit basically said this was only for development. So I was pretty suprised to see us trying to use it. Most people figured this would not roll out until MC released 1.7.3 to fix their server code issues... Will be a little sad to see my mod not work after the update to 1.7.2, but it is what it is.
    Heyitskat likes this.
  16. I want the new snow/ice biomes as well :)
  17. Which is pretty much now.
    We could of used it w/o too much issue days ago, but I like to give us buffer to ensure even the tiny bugs are fixed too to get a stable experience.

It seems this build is actually doing pretty well stability wise.

We never wait for the release versions of Bukkit, as other wise we would have to wait 5 months+ for each update.... I think 1.6 came out before 1.5 had a release build out heh.

We will always use dev builds but not the first dev builds.
    cadgamer101 and Heyitskat like this.
  18. Oh well. Time for leaving EMC for a while I guess. Somehow I can't play 1.7 so...
  19. So wastelands will be reset. But are there still plans on creating new spawns on the outskirts of Frontier?
    Should I be waiting in town for the new portals? Or start making my way out to undiscovered Frontier now?
  20. Xisuma had confirmed through a mob spawning test that hostile mobs can spawn on the packed ice that forms the spikes. This is because packed ice isn't transparent unlike normal ice. This theory could lead to new possibilities for mob farms.

If you're thinking about collecting it, make sure that you bring a tool with the silk touch enchant.
    hashhog3000 and theyoger like this.