[Warning] Admin flag = DANGER!

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by ShelLuser, Aug 18, 2015.

1. This is very helpful for a lot of people, thx for making this :3

I know to never ever give away Admin flag to anyone! I have learned my lesson because I was griefed a long time ago. I gave _____ Admin flag because she was going to make my res look awesome ( redo my res ). She made it all and never took any of my stuff. I left and the next day when I came back and my buildings were destroyed my valuable stuff was all gone. I went to _____ and she told me that she was sorry, I still reported her and blah blah blah XD long story. But I knew that player since she started EMC and we were BFF's and I never thought she would grief me but anyone can if they have admin and are feeling greedy. From this day on I never give anyone Admin/Container/Build flags on my res.
  2. Well, if anyone steals stuff from me, that's their problem. I just hope their accounts won't get accessed by other people, as that could cause problems.
  3. Bump - This should be more strongly expressed to new players. An incident occurred earlier, but fortunately a couple others were willing to help the player replace their items.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. So now that the staff have created a dedicated forum for player guides (and... well... now I see the whole collection I guess I did write quite a few :p)... Now I can't help myself to bump this one. I know the thread is dated, but I seriously believe that this is a very important message to relay to new(er) players. As such a small bump :)
    607, Sgt_Pepper4 and Tuqueque like this.
  5. I'm pretty sure no one will mind an (almost!) one year bump :D

Anyway, the Empire has seen a lot of new players join up and some messages (like this one) can't be repeated enough I think. As such: the annual bump! ;)
  6. And Mr. User comes out of his shell with more great words of wisdom.
    It even occurs to me.. wouldnt a user with admin even have to ability to cause an entire res reset... even just by accident while playing with the controls...

"Oop. Sorry... didnt understand what reset meant..."
  7. I don't think so, think the res owner has to do that.
    EDIT: Yep, just tested on my alt's res where I have admin.
    607, ShelLuser and Raaynn like this.
  8. Glad you bumped this, I didnt know about the res GUI. I dont always play and sometimes,most of the time, I miss some good information. Thank you again for this.
    607 likes this.
  9. Well, in all honesty that happened one year ago. Right now all I did was give this a little nudge :)

Fortunately not.

Although admins can do a lot they can't act as full co-owners. So, for example, an admin can't secretly give one of his friends an admin flag or take the flag away from other admins. Nor can they reset or unclaim the residence. That's only something the real owner can do (as Petezza already mentioned).

Np!

Keep in mind that those posts are a little bit dated right now. The GUI is still a thing but it's easier to access these days. So instead of using: /res cpset <name> just use /res pset <name> and you're done.

This can make it easier because you only have to remember 1 command. So if you want to give me a build flag using the normal way: /res pset shelluser build t. If you want to use the GUI just leave out the rest behind my name. This works for all commands btw. So /res set, /res pset and /res gset.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it!
    607 likes this.

10. Seriously though people, be very careful with the admin flag. We as staff usually have a pain and a half doing anything about Town thefts because you quite literally gave the person permission to do what they like on your res. Use it sparsely and temporarily for anyone that isn't an alt or that you do not trust with anything short of your entire livelihood on EMC. Heck, I haven't even given Luckygreenbird admin on most of my reses, and we've been roommates for a little over 5 years.
    Tuqueque likes this.