want someone to build dirt replicas that can fit on a res of this

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by bitemenow15, Aug 26, 2017.

1. all right. I'll do it on my own residence, on server 9, but I hope it won't be too inconvenient for you to reproduce it on your residence of choice?
    607 likes this.
  2. ill use schematica or just take very elaborate screenshots all over the place
  3. right! I already have a nice design for the main tentacle, a biggie, but it would look much better and be much easier to design if i could build it out of the material you plan to use, i.e. red nether brick and maybe not bone blocks but nether stone. Beside it would look much better.
    Do you have these in large quantities, that you could lend me for the time it will take to design all these? I'll give it all back when you'll be done, of course.
    607 likes this.
  4. nah, forget it, I'll use pine and birch wood planks.
    607 likes this.
  5. ok lol
  6. phew... there's one : you can also check it on my res on smp9 to get a feel of the size. What do you think? Shall we proceed?
    https://ibb.co/mtViB5
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. yeah i like it!!!
  8. here is a first clump of 4, and an update on the project :
    https://ibb.co/album/bsOAQa

As you can see, it gets a little crowded, but I designed them so that they don't touch each other in order to take anyone out if you don't feel like adding it.
    The clump reaches about 40 high, and covers about 20*20 of ground at the base.
    A fifth, or even a sixth tentacle could be added, but that might look more like a mess of tentacles. To prevent this, we could also make some of them out of red nether brick, and some out of normal nether brick.

Of course I can (and plan) to design smaller clumps too. Of less tentacles too. Maybe one solitary one, or a pair here and there?
    Do you have an idea of how many clumps you'll need? it all depends of the size of the tower you want to add, and of how tentacle-crowded you want the scene to feel. And will there be anything else than the tower amidst them?

btw : I installed schematica so I will be able to pass onto you the schematic.
    IMHO, you'd do better choosing enderstone for the suction cups, as it looks a bit like suction cups already (as you can see in the pictures)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. i want it to be hella crowded, like im going to build the tower kind of around them so they are penetrating it and stuff so placement doesnt really matter. and its a solitary tower with a base of about 12 by 12, but it tapers out in the middle (gets skinny)

also holy poop that looks great, might go with the endstone
    607 likes this.
  10. update :6 new pictures in the fore-mentioned album.
    I have designed another clump, with a medium-sized tentacle wriggling its way on the ground to attack the tower.
    Two clumps and you can already feel the 'crowdedness' of the scene...
    the rainy/stormy weather did tremendously help to convey a feeling of gloomyness and impending doom, but i don't think there will be rain in the res...

As I felt the tentacles had to come from somewhere, and coming from underground would burst the surface around them, I tried a lava-melted ground -made of black concrete for the thin peek in the abyss around the base of the tentacles, magma blocks, redstone blocks and nether wart blocks for the gradually cooling lava, and maybe some coarse dirt around these for the scorched dirt?-

what do you think?
    607 likes this.
  11. i was going to do more of a "end portal" type of design with the whole floor of the res being portal like (maybe more of a rick and morty portal) dont worry about the tower lol
  12. okidokie, so we scrap the lava idea (but I'll keep it there just for the look). The 'tower' (the flattish chubby brick cube, rather...) is just there so I had something to put the tentacles around and make them converge toward something.
  13. looks great though.
  14. Ok, a little update. The number of tentacles is growing, and it is becoming a visual mess, it's nearly impossible to take a decent picture as the scene is very busy (and getting busier and busier).

This update album has the most recent pics. What do you think? Do you see anything you don't want, or want me to change?
  15. Wow, that's looking really good! :)
  16. really? thank you!
  17. ummm i like almost all of it not so sure abotu the one bursting through the brick though, kind of looks like a weird angle? maybe theresjust too much endstone on it though idk
  18. I'm pming you the schematics so far, so you can have a look at it in vivo (minecraftem) , as the pictures do not gives credit to it. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, and is anxiously awaited :D
    607 likes this.
  19. i really like the mix of tentacles, the little stringy ones are my favorite
  20. okie dokie! so more stringy ones it will be!