wait... soo what now?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PseudoDistant, Apr 2, 2017.

1. I just saw that smp8 got it's independence, (which by the way congratulations), but what's to become of it? I mean is it still emc? is it it's own server? (btw I'm on smp9 so I should be fine.)
  2. April Fool
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. wait, what.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. didn't you see the thread "should smp8 break away from the empire"?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Yes and it's an april fools joke.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. looks like I got pranked-wait, it started march 17th, didn't it?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. well, sorry for wasting your time, I feel so stupid, that
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Naah, it's not stupid. Look, if even plenty of die hard EMC players start to out worries and such then I don't think it's stupid at all to be caught by it. You should have seen last years: then staff simply "removed" (hid) all posts from players calling out on the joke.
    MissKells, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  9. To be honest the prank from last year got almost everyone.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Are you sure? I only saw one or two people who I believed were actually falling for it. All the others either got their posts removed or were playing the joke on.
  11. Tell that to SMP4 chat.
    607 likes this.
  12. Everyone was so worried last year.. Most of them were going to leave emc. :/
    607 likes this.
  13. can I see?
    wait, people were willing to leave the empire (my favorite server) over this/that?!
  14. Oh, wow. :p
    Perhaps those were mostly the players on the server, then, that weren't as active on the forum.
    Anyway, I wouldn't fall for any EMC April Fool's joke anymore after 2015. :p (at least... I think)

Also: I really hope we'll get mob disguises again, once! That was fun!
  15. EMC was to be converted to a pvp server, if I recall correctly. So yeah, then I'd understand people wanting to leave because of that.
  16. I sadly don't have a picture of the pandemonium. I can tell you for one I was getting to work on a secret base filled with plenty of my wonderful traps.
  17. well I'm new, I first logged on dec. 9, 2016 soo, wait, mob disguises, that sounds fun.
  18. EMC has done a number of April Fools pranks in the past; these have included a zombie takeover in which players were zombified and could zombify others by touching them, a little prank in the chat, an announcement that EMC would be converting to a PVP server, and the SMP8 Independence.

And, of course, these among many other player-run pranks. One of my personal favorites:

Organized by Skydragonv8 (zervados), this was 10 months of work. :p
  19. Oh man that brings back memories.