[VOLUNTEER WORK] Creating New Roads After Restart

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by bloodycrap101, Feb 24, 2015.

?

Will you be volunteering?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2015.
Yes 4 vote(s) 16.0%
No 7 vote(s) 28.0%
Maybe 14 vote(s) 56.0%
  1. Each road takes 2000 cobble (use /waste then write down the coordinates then do /north then calculate the coordinates)
  2. The frontier wont be reset but restoring the waste will help new players get ores
  3. Thats a great idea to turn it into slabs and also if there is a large hill we could probably just mine through it
    Also Will you be helping? i dont want to sign you up if you dont want to
  4. So what do you mean with the slabs...how much should i make or what?
  5. When you mine through the hills, make sure to have the tunnels be four blocks high. Three blocks means that a horse rider will take damage should they dismount for whatever reason, and 2 blocks would just kill them.
    bloodycrap101 likes this.
  6. Great Idea! Also turning this into slabs would save a lot of cobble. If everyone on the server network donated their cobble, maybe we COULD cover all the smp's. Lets start an awareness program xD
  7. Yes we should! I never even thought of half slabs!
    BreezyMan likes this.
  8. I do plan to work on creating roads on the SMP6 waste. I don't know which outpost I will start at. I'm going to work on the easiest ones first once I see the new layouts of the land after the reset. Making slab will half the amount of cobble required to build these roads and make them creeper proof too. I do also intend to keep the roads up above the waterways to allow water travel to be possible instead of laying the slabs straight on the waterline.

I currently have 6 DCs of cobble and am generating more and also looking for donations of cobble and volunteers now to help on SMP6. :)

Thank you for starting this thread bloodycrap101.
  9. I will be doing as much as i can on smp2 as that's my home server, cant really say if i can help out on any others as i am not sure how long it will take/how many ppl will come out on smp2. just to let ppl know i will be out there!

thanks for starting this thread bloodycrap101 it's a good idea :)
  10. I will put upon myself to request all of smp4 wastelands? It is my home server and I would like to see more people going out and getting materials instead of nagging in town chat about "no one has a good shop"
    bloodycrap101 and Gawadrolt like this.
  11. I shall help with the construction project on smp3. It would be nice to see more people out in the wasteland.
    I'll start from the center station and move out to the 4 major directions them box in from there. It will take forever but the idea is cool. I think we can make it work if enough people are willing to help out.

Out of curiosity are yall just building 1 wide roads? and are you torching and/or putting up any protection from mobs or falling into *insert random hazard, curse you raised hills biome shakes fist*
  12. I would think the roads would need to be at least two wide and three wide is usually more visually appealing and less crowded feeling. If you are building roads from one outpost to the other though... well thats just a lot of roads lol. I have only seen one legit road in the wastelands and it is four blocks wide and extends about 150 blocks from the outpost, through a hill with the hole being 3 high which allowed me to ride my horse right through. If you want to make it four high that's cool but the half a heart of damage you take if you get out in the tunnel(which I don't see why you would) doesn't seem like a bad price to pay to cut down on the time on this kind of a massive project. I'm not going to participate as once reset happens there is going to be much more things to do and if people want to mine at spawn... well there will be more there after reset(pretty sure thats the point?)
  13. Well lets do some math here for a second. If we do 3 wide roads using slabs then we're looking at 3000 slabs which is 47 (roughly) stacks of slabs so 23 and 1/2 stacks of cobble. Not an unrealistic request heck I pulled 23 stacks of cobble strip mines for an hour last night. Plus if we do them 3 wide then we don't have to worry about falling off the road sans a creeper or rogue skelly. I'm more worried about if we have to put torches on the roads....that's a lot of torches.

*Edit: That math is for one road.
  14. I volunteer:
    server: smp8
    outpost: north (my fav!)
    Direction: into the unknown! (north)
  15. Are you saying you want to do every single road on smp4?
  16. yes :p

and for your name... what made you choose that?!?
  17. Does anyone know if we can get some people from Friday Night Miners to donate some cobble? They would've generated a TON of cobble.
  18. There wasn't a FNM last night...
  19. Oh... I there was lol. Well if there are FNM's in the future, we could ask them to donate cobble to us.
  20. My brothers :p