Villages in town on reservations -broken?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KoiGorgon, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Hello all,

I had a functional villager breeder running on my reservation in town for a good amount of time. Suddenly all my villagers stopped breeding. I've checked my entity count and it's sitting right at 45ish so I'm definitely not over the limit. Just to ensure it was working properly I broke the doors, waited 5 minutes, and placed the doors back. Still nothing. All of this happened right after the survival 2.0 update.

My main question is were villages disabled in town for some reason or another? My gf's plot has a villager breeder as well and it has ceased working since the survival 2.0 update.

Thank you for any assistance,
    KoiGorgon
  2. I tested mine and it is working fine.
  3. huh. Any suggestions as to how to reboot it?
  4. What is the design? The ones that hold the villagers in a small space, have you or a dispenser feed crops to the breeders and kick out baby villagers can be very touchy. The one I have is small but the villagers do the farming.
  5. Check out these two threads:
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/villager-breeding.66329/
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/villager-breeder.67321/

Others and myself responded to those threads with lots of details on villager breeding on EMC. I'd go through those and see if you can troubleshoot the issues you're having. If you still can't solve it, then respond here and we can help you figure out what the issue is ;)

Good luck!

Edit: I took a look at your res (I got curious xD) and I think that for some reason, your farming/breeding villagers have recently taken a liking to your villagers you have to the West of your farm for trading. They are trying to throw food to them and feed them, so as long as they are doing that, they can't breed themselves. (This is my theory, not for sure if this is the case). You might have to change something there, so that your trading villagers aren't included in your village for the farming/breeding villagers. This means either moving them or moving the farm. Personally, I always put my villager breeders at either bedrock or at y200+, that way I can reduce the effect of nearby doors and villagers on the village.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. Sounds like the issue is that you've reached the villager cap for the artificial village that you're creating. I haven't looked through JD's threads, but when you're making a villager breeder, you're tricking the game into thinking that the breeder is a naturally generated village. Because you (usually) only start breeders with a handful of villagers, the two breed until the regular village population is reached, and then they stop. In order to fix this, I would suggest eggifying some of the offspring villagers (I'm assuming that you're just sorta leaving there) or to add more doors to the area around the breeder.
  7. Thank you for your responses, I'm almost sure JD hit the nail on the head. Just gotta move them out to get it going again somehow.

RhyBread, I'm not using a build that can cap population. The one I use all the time is an unlimited with only 3 doors. Because the villagers can notice doors one block further than doors can notice villagers, the village will think it's at 0 population and always allow villagers to breed.