[video] Use your Ore Busters! PT. 2!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by samsimx, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Should be, he can change anvil xp levels and he can do things like mail. I would believe he would just have to change the item the slot accepts.
  2. No, making lapis used for enchanting is a good idea.

1. You cannot auto-farm lapis, forces players to interact with the game by going mining.
    2. Lets move away from encouraging the auto-farming of iron/gold, etc. The last thing we need is an increase in value of gold or iron by making it yet more useful.
    3. as mojang said, lapis has no real use outside of decoration. Make it useful
  3. so THATS what they are for? ive just been mining stone with mine.....
    PandasEatRamen, samsimx and NZScruffy like this.
  4. Let's see... 0.5 DC's of lapis blocks = 1.5 DC's of fully enchanted items.
    That's surprisingly little, considering how hard it is to get that much lapis...
    Enchant while you still can, poor people!
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. I'll buy the cheap prices first :p
  6. Late to say this but sorry for the cropping before the first cut, I kinda failed at that. Also please excuse my voice after the first cut, and throughout the video.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  7. I... Hate.... You... So... MUCH!!! (Note: I'm a promo hoarder... So that just makes me cringe :()
  8. Well, it's not that I don't agree with you, but I find it unnecessary to make the change in the first place, I just can't find the reasoning to why Mojang would change an already well functioning system.
    Believe it or not, it's actually 96 (54 per DC) double chests of enchanted items, since you cannot stack enchanted items. More specifically, 5184 enchanted items. Not as bad as people may think :D (although it's gonna be so annoying, haha).
    cadgamer101 and supereskimo like this.
  9. samsimx likes this.
  10. Derp, you're totally right.
    Poor people, you can stop panicking and hording lapis now.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  11. This has changed minecraft for me forever...
  12. I have been using my ore buster for diamonds since I first got it. Sometimes I have used it on coal, but not anymore because I have some good regular fortune picks. They really do last a long time. I have never brought myself to risk taking the buster into the wild tho, I always use a silk touch on ores and bring them back to town. It's silly, but I'm sure plenty of ore busters have been destroyed in lava pools. In my opinion, the soul bound pick is the real treasure.
    PandasEatRamen and Importerer like this.
  13. Lapis will be more common in 1.8 generated chunks than 1.7 and before. So while it will be used more (enchanting), it will also be less rare while mining.
    PandasEatRamen and supereskimo like this.
  14. I don't think lapis is quite as rare as most people would think.. I never use my lapis, besides for Blu the Sheep.. but mine it whenever I see it. I've got more lapis lazuli chests filling up my storage cellar than I know what to do with :D

(But at least I have something worth stocking in my shop now lol)
  15. Well that is a whole other debate, which I think was covered in other threads. :)

I ask myself all the time why Mojang try to fix what isn't broken, instead of fixing what is. :)
    MrUnknownian and PandasEatRamen like this.
  16. I like the new enchanting system, everything for enchanting has been free. You can get diamond gear from villagers, books from cows, and EXP is free as well. Now dont get me wrong, 3 lapiz per enchant wont break the bank for anyone, but it's nice to have something that can't be auto farmed or farmed at all used in a task so common.

The new reparing system is even more amazing. :)
  17. You just completely revamped my entire life..
    TomvanWijnen and cadgamer101 like this.