Usage to use Vault in wild and nether

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 621op, Apr 14, 2012.

?

Should supporters be able to use vault in wild or nether

Yes 41 vote(s) 55.4%
NO 33 vote(s) 44.6%
  1. i have an idea for this
    1. this is only available to supporters
    2. the farther out you are away from the protected spawn the more it costs :D (will go down by outposts)

I think for supporters it should cost around 30r base price
    every 500 blocks goes up by 5 or so but by outpost it will go down again to 30r cause it is a protected place so the farther out you go the more it costs this can open up a lot of preventions for using of the vault especially if they use it really far away
  2. 30 Rupees?!?!? 5 every 500? Hold up, hold up, hold up. If anything, 500 Rupees every 10 blocks, and at LEAST 10,000 in the Outpost. In The Outpost, you can enter, right at the edge, grab, and go.
  3. ok ok 30r was a little cheap and it should be like 100r like it is for eggifying and it should be 15r per 500 because fyi dude no1 has enough cash to pay 5r every 10 blocks lool image some1 at cords like 20k out= 2000x5 10,000 plus 30r =10.03k? are you serious? dude no one has that much value in putting something into the vault seriously... maybe every 200 i did 500 because 1k sounded too high of an incriement. 20k= per 200 5r up equals
    100x5 500 plus another 100? 600 sounds a lot better not that i think of it :D
  4. Whut. Type clearer man, that was un-readable. And people have those rupees, and can get them, they need to learn how to manage rupees though.
  5. alright ill edit the post so you can read it..
    SORRY for typing on A PHONE with autocorrect jeeeeeeezz
  6. No, just a mish-mash of words. Being a writer, this kinda stuff peeves me off. It's fine, and after 5 times reading this, I kinda sorta understand it.
  7. Guys... This is absolutely nuts. The point of the vault is so that the servers are interconnected, not to give lazy players an easier way to be lazy. You can't buy stuff in the wild right? We can all agree that this is a good thing? Well, allowing vault for ANYONE means that you can just buy stuff and vault it into the wilderness from another server.
  8. ^
    My view on this exactly. You shouldn't be able to take all good items into the wild. That ruins the fun. Isn't that what we should do? HAVE fun?
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  9. This is like going camping. If you want a big, tempurpedic King sized mattress, you have to figure out a way to get it there. You can't just leave it in your room and then summon it hundreds of miles away in the wilderness.
    GameKribJEREMY likes this.
  10. Exactly, but Tempur-Pedic? Really? I don't think Jeb as added this yet. :p
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  11. This has been discussed many times on the forums and I have always said no to it. I still say no to it for many reasons. This is a survival server and the wilderness is about as legit as you can get. The fun of minecraft is going out into the wild, mining away like crazy, fighting off mobs and getting back to your base safely. Everyone dies in the game, everyone loses all sorts of minerals and just wants to rage quit, but it's part of the fun of the game. It should be cherished that we have an awesome way of playing in a single player environment but with friends and with the knowledge that we also have a town that we can build in safely with out the fear of griefers/creepers/enderman ruining our hard work.

If, and I say IF, there were any chance of having vault in the wild it would have to be a VERY high fee. As you know we have the ability to lock chests in the wild, and that alone is 1000r per chest. This stops anything getting stolen but you still have to transport it back to town. To take out the whole challenge of making it safely between base-town-base it would require a fee of AT LEAST 5000r in my opinion. Your vault is the size of a double chest so that's 2000r for safety already. I might even go to say it should be higher than that, but it's just something I don't support at all.
    SecretAznEks and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  12. Maybe there should be a special "wild" vault, wich you can only open in the wilderness, outside of the periodic reset area. That way people whi live in the wild can still use it. (you can't open the wild vault in town of course)
  13. Well, that would still allow people living 30,000 blocks out to store their stuff in the 'wild vault', kill themself, then go step outside of the periodic reset area, get their stuff back, and promptly head into town. It just makes the road less direct.
  14. I did the math. The only way you can offset the amount you gain from selling is if opening the vault in the wild costs 1,451,520 rupees. Seem fair?
    jlopez24 and SecretAznEks like this.
  15. Yes, 1,000,000r is easily obtained... :D
  16. Totally would bring in more supporters
  17. Here is my delayed view. 1) It is only for supporters. 2) You can only do it a certain amount of times per day (as I see this perk as being utilized for Clans/Guild or people who just live out in the wild). 3) It has to be expensive. 30r ?! This would ruin the ever decaying economy because it takes the risk out of mining. I mean "About to die? Just use Vault. Don't want to walk back to town? Use Vault and kill yourself." I think that if it was cheap and open for everyone it would also diminish the ever dwindling core of minecraft. I know this server is very laid back and there is a "safe zone", but it seems that with every passing server update it becomes less and less like minecraft.
  18. I disagree with the idea however it does seem nice. I wish supporters can get a discount on using vault between the servers. Lets say for gold the price would go down to 5 rupees instead of 10 for transferring items between servers.

Here my point of view for the prices
    Iron = Remains the same
    Gold = 5r
    Diamond = Free!

This would be another reason why people should become supporters!
  19. i would say somewhere around 100k would still be a little too low if you think about the price on enchanted goods, cause i just know the grinder owners would be the ones using this feature the most
    GameKribJEREMY likes this.
  20. the vault is supposed to be free for supporters if i remember correctly.