Usage to use Vault in wild and nether

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 621op, Apr 14, 2012.

?

Should supporters be able to use vault in wild or nether

Yes 41 vote(s) 55.4%
NO 33 vote(s) 44.6%
  1. I'm still thinking about that one, but I'm more in favor of that. I THINK I wouldn't mind a one way portal going to your base from town, but it wouldn't work going home, again for obvious reasons.
    jlopez24 and Barkley1987 like this.
  2. What is the price then
  3. What is the price Jeremy
  4. Do you know how many treks I did across the Wilderness to find stuff?

Twenty-seven, leading to fifty-four total.

I made it back safe on less than half of them.
    The Wild is a tough, tough place.
  5. I don't have one specifically set, but I'm just saying IF this idea were to go through it would have to be insane enough to make people want to not use it. Haha.
  6. Wow. I know there's mobs, and holes left by other players, but less than HALF of your expeditions saw you back safely to town? I don't know what part of the wild you're traveling from, but I think you're doing it wrong. :p
  7. Would be nice if it was a diamond supporter exclusive to weigh up that diamond cost like 10 dollars more than a gold:)
  8. Diamond also at this time has twice the stuff gold gets. ;)

We also always plan on adding stuff to the perks, but we won't sacrifice fairness to do so.
  9. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
    That's cool, didn't know that, gotta check that out right now:D
  10. Wait...
    It doesn't?? :s
    Or maybe you meant the rupees cause they get twice as much on the rupee part?
  11. Diamond also gets double the residences gold does.
  12. Any Vault access in the Wild would need to be priced in such a way as to negate any potential profit from what you've mined.

So we're talking in the thousands of Rupees to open your Vault in the Wild. Otherwise the supply of goods will far outstrip the demand and bring the market prices crashing down, ruining the economy.

What's that? You want to sell Sand based items? Just go to a desert biome, fill your Vault, fill your Inventory then walk back, or just fill the Vault, die and respawn. Rinse and repeat. It removes the effort and challenge of trying to run a business.

I'm totally against this idea. I'd rather see more effort put into the concept of a Wild Portal as discussed in the Supporters board here:

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/portal-access-to-nether-wild-from-town.5581/

as a Perk for Diamond Supporters.
  13. For portal, a ridiculously high price could be be 1500. Members practically NEVER reach this amount, and if they do, it would make them lose a signifigant amount of money.
  14. I made over 100k before I started to support EMC. You just have to be wise with your initial rupees.
  15. I once had over 12,000 rupees, and I agree you must be wise with rupees, just the fact not many people are.
  16. Using your Vault in the wild to me would warrant much higher than 1500 per use. Even 10K per use sounds mega low for what you're getting in return.
  17. Yeah, I hate to walk from the wild to the spawn.

Vault usage in wild should be 75 percent more expensive.
  18. How much do you play, yank? I've made close to 20,000 rupees just from selling a single enchanted tool on several occasions. 1,500R, really isn't a ridiculous amount of rupees -- that's not that much more than it costs to lock a chest. As a money sink for supporters, it wouldn't really make a dent.
  19. Very true, as you can get anything, from diamonds to wood, practically and endless supply of stuff, being an economy server. I realized how much fun this could take out of the survival experience.
  20. I play as often as I can, but being 14, having MUCH schoolwork, and setting up a server of my own really takes much time up.
    margaritte likes this.