US FEDERAL GOV IS SHUTTING DOWN!?!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Solved like Men :)
  2. I'm kinda hoping the economy doesn't collapse in the months to come, like last time they did this. Time to sell my stocks! :D
  3. You must be talking about the Great Depression right?
  4. No, the 2009 crisis. It was a result from them doing this in '95-'96.
  5. Oh never heard of that even though it wasnt that long ago.
  6. Sorry, I just say it for most people who do find it funny in this situation.
  7. I am not the worlds biggest Obama fan but I still prefer him to a lot of people in our government. While OBAMAcare is a leap of faith I don't think it will launch us into another great depression or will end the world. I hope nobody starts a vicious flame war and be happy we aren't being shot by our government or being hung. Obama isn't the greatest president but he is not a dictator.
    smile3 likes this.
  8. To further the reasoning of the obamacare - You know what I never got? - Why we have to say we are in debt... Couldn't the US technically just make more money and zero out their own debts? I don't see many stock exchanges or companies anymore going bankrupt or broke - I see all these companies in the US being high profiting... so if we have all this success - and the government is 'freely' giving people social security, disability, etc from their endless supply of money they can just make... why do we have to consider our-self in debt? Even the trades dealing with other countries, I don't see how that would affect us that greatly, we create our own economic standpoint and our own basis of money exchange - couldn't we just change the rate of what our money is in trade towards the other countries if that's the cause, and be out of debt within no time?...
  9. We van't make our way out of debt due to inflation and the economy is a mess of bankruptcies and rules and corruption.
  10. This is what happened in WWI. We tried this with the Dawes plan (google it).
  11. Maybe y'all don't remember. But... this happened last year also
    smile3, brickstrike, ISMOOCH and 4 others like this.
  12. Sorry guys I don't quite understand. Can someone explain it in simple words please?
  13. Me too, I'm not American so I have no idea what's going on. D:
  14. Basically, Congress hasn't approved a budget so; if they don't approve it by Monday, it goes into "Shut Down"; which means only the essential parts of the system continue working. Because without an approved budget - anyone getting finances from the government is cut off.
    battmeghs likes this.
  15. Oh, alright. Thanks.
  16. Did I win Comment Of The Year?
  17. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread keep it on track and friendly if you wish it to stay open. Enjoy ladies
    Bro_im_infinite, jkjkjk182 and Olaf_C like this.
  18. Thank you "Mr. Amazing" :p
  19. The main reason we can't just print more money to cover our debts is because that would horribly increase the amount of inflation until the dollar is barely worth anything, which is far more serious of a danger than high debt.
    M4nic_M1ner and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. Shhhhhh Chickeneer stop making sense :p
    brickstrike, NINJATTILA and jkjkjk182 like this.