US FEDERAL GOV IS SHUTTING DOWN!?!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Sep 27, 2013.

1. First of all, if its time to sell your stocks because of how you analyze the situation, then the experts will be selling too, which means that its not the time to sell.
    Secondly, this isn't the end of the world people! -_-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic#Hyperinflation
    Basically our not-so-smart as usual politicians are playing a game of who can get closest to the line, without thinking about the consequences of such action. The Democrats are accusing the Republicans of being childish and unnecessarily stubborn. The Republicans are calling out likely the worst thought out and created legislation in our recent history. They need to find a middle ground, but since it is American politics, they just can't submit to sensibility. -_-
    NINJATTILA and THE_LEGEND4 like this.
  2. It's the Battle of the Buffs! basically...
    jkjkjk182 and southpark347 like this.
  3. Murica, thats why.

But on a slightly more serious note I guess, while I was serving in the military I watched this exact standoff happen 3 other times. This scared me more then than just simply shutting down a zoo (which most zoo's are state funded and have very little to do with Federal Government), my pay was government pay agreement. If the 'US Government Shuts Down' the first people you see not paid, are those that are there to protect you. You know who does get paid if the Government shuts down? Congress. They passed a bill a couple of decades ago protecting their salaries in case of any situation like this.

Now, on any of those 3 times my pay was directly threatened, it was pushed all the way to the edge, and then a deal was met with a word of 'but this is just a temporary fix'. So honestly... I do not really care... and someone said up there ^^ this had something to do with the recession? Not really, these fiscal cliff scenarios have happened after the Current Recession came into place. It really is a waste of energy to try and make sense of our congress. They waste enough energy themselves doing it. Pretending that it will somehow have some kind of direct effect on you is needless. There will be people effected I am sure. But the majority of you here are neither in the working or voting class. You will not see these things. In fact, by the time many of you are working, the changes that will be made in the coming futures will already be coming out of paycheck, so you will not see a change.

Do not believe everything the news says to you. Or Reddit for that matter. While bother sources will tell you 'We are here to tell you things!', its more 'We Are here to scare you!' this is all mainstream media, and that does include all of your popular News Subreddits, which is just regurgitation of headlines anyways.

All I have to say, is really... do not worry about it to much. Its a bunch of silliness. If a federal park is closing, chances are, it is in a state that obtains profit through tourism sales. The state will capitalize, and obtain ownership of the park. In Arkansas, we have many, many, MANY state parks, I know Texas is the same. Support your state. They listen better.
  4. Tejas!!!!
    brickstrike likes this.
  5. I'm glad i live in Canada and Smooch is right !
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  6. This is too well said here. You sir, are outstanding ~!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. No no no. You are getting the whole idea wrong. Obama care is not "sucking" up the funds. It is the Republicans that want to end Obamacare and stop it by doing it a step further; stop funding the government. This is not any of Barack Obama's fault. Many of the Republicans have lied and said how they don't like how the World War 2 Memorial was stopped because of the shutdown, but it is there own dang faults. I have also seen that lots of them are still getting paid. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in here.

EDIT: I am not blaming the republicans because they stopped funding the government. Just saying that they should stop blaming Democrats for the WW2 memorial and the parks being closed and should start ending the shutdown. Just wanted to put this in here.
  8. Might want to get some facts straight before going that far to the extreme. This whole problem is both sides fault, not just one. Obamacare is going to be very expensive for the federal government, an expense that the Republicans are fighting to prevent even if it means shutting down parts of the government. Neither side is compromising or seeming to do anything effective other than just talking a lot. Also, both sides are still getting paid in the most part, not just the Republicans.
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. i never liked Obama...
  10. Then they can both negotiate. WAIT! They can't! Both of them won't and cannot agree on anything, but republicans seem to think it is the Democrats fault and they are saying how, "oh how could they close the world war 2 memorial," or "oh they wont negotiate." I agree on the both sides part. I didn't mean exactly what I said there though. They both need to get on they butts and get the government started again, and stop doing a blame game.
  11. I'm expecting things to start up soon, seeing how they're calling back all the Pentagon workers who have been furloughed.
  12. As I said in another thread, I don't really like to talk about politics...
    However, sometimes you have to >_<
    I myself find the entire situation to be unbeneficial to either side, and is actually causing problems when dealing with simple things like cashing in a check.
    Some people think of a shut down as the president's way to protest, but really, it's just an excuse to stall any thing further than need be.
    TL;DR
    The government sucks. It always has, and always will. There can't be a perfect government, without a perfect public.
    cddm95ace and wisepsn like this.
  13. Ha our government is so corrupt its stupid some high up officials will take huge vacations that coat a lot of money but they bring their laptops with them and do oh like an hour of work or so during the long vacation and then they write the entire vacation off on taxes
  14. -Goes on Google to try and understand all this
    -Learns more from one video than in multiple news sites.
  15. I'll add my little 2 cents in here on the technicality of some of this. Mainly one little part that everyone forgets...
    State government is funded by Federal government (at least 60% of it). However, it will take roughly 3 weeks of a federal shutdown to affect the state government since state funding is appropriated weeks in advance. I just had a meeting about this since I work for Texas state government and people were freaked out...

The federal government will not be allowed to be shut down for too long. Just sit back, relax, and read the funny memes that come out of it.

As for blaming republicans or democrats: neither one is to blame. It is the government as a whole that has raised the debt to our borrowing limit over the years. And after all this drama, all they are going to do is extend that limit even more. The odds of something more productive occurring is simply not feasible. One day our creditors are going to come knocking, but until then we still need an army to protect us, national parks to enjoy, and testing laboratories to continue running in order to prevent a rabies outbreak (my job ;)).