Upgrading my Computer

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chickeneer, Jun 9, 2013.

1. For that kind of things, i suggest you also using your old laptop, and running one or two at that one. :)

With two, both at full screen and both on an other screen, you will notice it a little bit.
  2. Man, why do people still like Alienware..

THERE! TRUEDAT
    HylianNinja, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. I don't know a link but I do know that my PC is good.
    It is Toshiba using windows 7.
    It's fast fixes its own problems and lets minecraft handle up to 7fps.
    So If u find this i reccomend it.
  4. My friend got an Asus. It's really good, 15 inch. I think it's in the $800 area. I'm not sure on the model though :/
  5. 7 FPS is almost unplayable...
    Squizzel_Boy, Kadboy, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  6. ill just post what i have, http://Tinyurl.com/dylanslaptop ( made the tinyurl a long time ago because the link was huge )

take this one into consideration, its a really good price, and i can handle BO2 and GTA IV on high graphics.
  7. This is brilliant for a laptop.........it's from walmart.
    dylan_frenette likes this.
  8. Don't buy a premade computer, fro say Dell or ASUS. DEFINITELY NOT ALIENWARE!!!
    Instead buy the box, motherboard from ASUS, Intel i7, 4GB or more RAM, 1TB or more hard drive space, AMD graphics are good however I recommend getting two GTX 580's for optimal performance for quite a few more years.
    It really depends on what you're trying to do, if you're merely playing Minecraft and nothing else just go for something simple yet powerful, if you play lot's of intensive high-end games then go for something with a bit more punch ;)

Anyways I hope this helps you in making the big decision :D
  9. http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/all/
    Novatech I've found to be very good, reasonably priced, no problems if problems (if you get my drift) but whether they ship abroad ( I assume you're from the US) and if they do, at what cost I'm not sure - wish you luck whatever you choose :)
  10. It depends on the budget. Good laptops suitable for gaming and editing videos and are optimized for extreme graphical use are normally more expensive because they have to edit the parts of a Desktop computer into a more compact size and smaller amount of wattage.

I suggest getting a moderate ASUS, and MSI computer. Alienwares are extremely overpriced for the parts that are actually in the computer.

I would entirely suggest that you get a desktop computer instead of a laptop overall but that is personal preference and you are in college so, that makes it tough.

Anyways, if you are getting the laptop. THIS would be a suitable, 1000 USD gaming optimized PC by ASUS.

If you are willing to get the desktop, send me a PM and I can talk about parts, preference, and prices.

:)
  11. That's almost my laptop haha
    This one is a G55VW, mine is a G75X, and my screen is 21" while this one is 15.6"
    Technical stuff is pretty much the same, it's a really good laptop
    EDIT: Not 21", 17.3" actually, I got stuff mixed
  12. How do you plan to put 2 GTX 580's in a laptop? :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. You must be referring to an external monitor, right?...
  14. Not really haha it's actually a laptop with a 21" screen, that's why it's so heavy
    EDIT: Nevermind dis post :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. Link please, I cant seem to find an Asus model that has a 21" screen.
  16. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  18. Oh... I didn't read that bit... Err... Magik?