Upgrade to MC 1.2 complete!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Awesome :D
  2. This needs the Biggest Like Justin Works so hard to get us what he and we need and want :D He deserves to be a King of Minecraft :)
  3. I gave up computer for a while, and I messaged Jeremy, but he never responded, so I just assumed that it was set up. I logged into the server yesterday, just to make sure it was renewed, but when I tried it this morning, it logged me out and said I was an "outdated client." What does this mean, and how do I get back on the server? (By the way, I'm on smp4.)
  4. Update

And the NPC villages seem off :/
  5. I checked, and it hasn't been 10 days yet. Also, my house is still there, so I guess that's good.
  6. I can confirm minestatus is working as expected. I accidently forgot to put my name in for MSCL :(

Did you forget to put your name in or typod it?
  7. When Utopia was down yesterday for upgrades so was voting. The Utopia server is the server that answers vote callbacks (because it is under less load than the other servers). Sorry if this was the case and you missed it :(
    nmanley likes this.
  8. also wondering if jungle biomes will only pop up in undiscovered wilderness? Or does there need to be a new server for jungle climbing?>
  9. yes if you go to the areas that are black on live map, you will eventually find a jungle biome. Thats how people are getting saplings.
  10. maybe adding another outpost like 20 000 blocks away?
  11. you can use the nether realm to travel far distances in short time.

If you open a nether portal , then travel a good distance in the nether, then make a new portal in the nether to "get out", you will be at 8x the distance you traveled in the nether.

so if you walked 200 blocks, your now at 1600 blocks away in the wilderness.

If you pick a spot on live map with black area close by, you can likely get there within 10 minutes using nether travel.

to do this, get a flint and steel, and 20 obsidian blocks.

make this design:

X++X
    +OO+
    +OO+
    +OO+
    X++X

Where O is empty air, X is any block you want, and + is obsidian.

This is a 2 wide, 3 tall oval.

Then simply light the inside blocks with the flint and steel and the portal will open.

Repeat this in the nether to make a portal to "get out"

You can then use these portals to travel back home too (leave markers on the path you walk to find your way back home!)
    nmanley and JustinGuy like this.
  12. You're giving away my secret! :rolleyes:
  13. So about the derelict policy... it's just paused correct? So players that haven't been on for 10 days will now lose their reses? Or is it reset completely so everyone now has another 10 days?
  14. No it is not reset completely. If someone was 10 days before it was paused they will still be over 10 days. However the system doesn't reclaim right at 10 days, it reclaims the oldest over 10 days as it needs them. Depending on the server it can be close to a month.
  15. Oh... My... GOD. And Admin liked my comment! :D

Also:
  16. Thanks Justin, No biggy. I forget to do them regularly but that happens with a lot of stuff at my age. :p
  17. Very nicely explained... are you sure that's you in the avatar? :D You know I'm kidding ya!
  18. Justin Can You Reset The Wild?
  19. I will be starting a different topic to discuss that tonight, I am just finishing researching a few things first.
    Nole972 likes this.
  20. Ok We SHould Have A Vote To Se If Wild Should Reset