<[Updated OP]>-Religious thread prefix idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by jkjkjk182, Jan 25, 2013.

?

[READ the idea first please] Like this idea?

Yes. 15 vote(s) 31.9%
No. 29 vote(s) 61.7%
Yes, as long as... (post reason below) 3 vote(s) 6.4%
  1. Ugh. I can't seem to stop myself from commenting.

I've read most of the "religious" threads that have been floating around. I will not say one way or the other what my beliefs are - as they are none ya'lls business.

This I will say though... I feel like the people who are posting the religious threads (after the first thread that went flame war) are mostly just doing it for the reactions. I do not believe that it is to much to ask for people to be considerate enough to place a simple heading before threads. [religious] or whatever. I mean really - how hard is that to do? The fact that there is any objection to a tag only shows that people are purely doing it to provoke this response.Not a rather "christian" thing to do, imho.

Someone needs to step up and show maturity. The christian - or the atheists. Just let it drop. It will get you no where and only cause friction.
  2. Okay...

Put [Religion] on top of it and it's solved.. You can't avoid reading a thread that doesn't even say what's being discussed about in the topic.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. That was effectively segregation..Which was made illegal in most countries after the blacks earned their rights. My grandad knew there was something stirring up many years before (protestants getting beaten to death by christians many years before, ireland earning independence from the British Empire, blah blah blah) and it killed some people and people had to walk through streets with TANKS behind them, aswell as many armed soldiers. It was horrible.

Not saying this would happen in EMC, but people would attack eachother over this etc.
  4. Woah woah woah, let's not turn into Youtube here!
  5. There's still a whole lot of segregation going on today. Entire schools can usually be made up of a very large majority of either Protestants or Catholics. Entire towns can usually be made up of a very large majority of either Protestants or Catholics. In the case of Belfast, the whole east side of the city is Protestant, the worst area being the Shankill Road, which is littered with murals praising Unionist paramilitaries responsible for the deaths of hundreds, and similar scenes can be seen in the Catholic West, with murals praising Nationalist paramilitaries in places like the Short Strand road. Massive walls need to be put up to stop large-scale rioting. The Union flag was taken down from Belfast City Hall in November and there's still riots across the country to this minute. Just last week a local Catholic councillor told a Protestant councillor to 'go back to Britain if you like it so much'. In my local town, there was recently a bunch of people aged between 10 and 16 who built a bonfire and tried to burn a Union flag on it, but they got stopped by the police and considered attacking the police with petrol bombs. Every day, I see people on my facebook chanting sectarian slurs appraising organizations like the IRA, I see people with pictures posted on Facebook relating to hunger and sanitation strikers from the 80s and glorifying them as heroes. There's people who have attacked high-profile politicians who promote nonsectarianism due to their role in removing the Union flag from Belfast City Hall. There's people known as dissident Republicans who are still carrying on the very occasional bombing and frequent attacks on police despite the Good Friday Agreement in 1998. The political parties against the Good Friday Agreement which brought relative peace to Northern Ireland, such as the Traditional Unionist Voice and a group known to be the political wing of a dissident Republican group are gaining more and more traction every day.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread, let's adjourn this discussion.
  6. I'll adjourn it, but after this reply :p

The irish brought the fight to Britain. They bombed a town near me, and killed alot of people, and injured alot more. Many of the injured died in hospital and the hospitals were literally flooded with sick and dying, and had no more room. The town was mostly made up of protestants, and the people who planted the bomb were catholic. The PM then launched hurtful word attacks on the catholic community which lead us to being bombed again a few years ago, this time in the same place and left alot more people dead, dying and injured.

Thread derailing ends now.
  7. I'm Asian :D!
    Like if you like Asian food & people.
    72Volt, Gap542 and TerryDaTerrorist like this.
  8. O.0

Anyways, so is it generally wanted that some kind of tag (Jacks post) or [religious] heading for those threads be made required?
    Gap542 likes this.
  9. Good IDEA! I want to rant about how much I love God and how much I get annoyed at fanatics/extremists that give us a bad stereotype! (NO sarcasm don't hate :D)
  10. Excuse me but I'm a lil fed up with you singling out JTC for his religion, have you not noticed that he isnt the most popular guy. You are making it worse for him, this is not nice. Please stop.
    jtc0999 and creepincreepers7 like this.
  11. I'm not gonna read past here and I'm not going to say anything on this thread after this:
    I think Jack is right. I believe a prefix should be enough, and if someone is dumb enough to go into one just start an argument because they don't believe in it is crazy.
    Daxter9133 and Gap542 like this.
  12. I dont think so. We are here to play minecraft. Not to spread religion.
    penfoldex, jkjkjk182 and Gap542 like this.
  13. So we can talk about ipod apps, our pets, what our favorite team are, what countries are the best, what kinda food we like. But we cant talk to each other about our religious views? I never said I was against the [CHRISTIAN] before our threads, but only because it would give you all no reason to even comment on it. But IMHO we can talk about whatever we want. No we aren't just trying to get a fight out of you. Maybe JTC posts so much about Christianity because he wants to find other Christians like me.
  14. Nobody is "bullying" him. They're posting reasons why they do or do not want this idea implemented. Also the religious minority seems to only include his name because he's the only one posting religious threads. Not meaning to disrespect but most people freak out when this happens or the same person repeatedly does something or only seems to want to talk about their religion and seem obsessed. Plus you have people out there like WBC who take it too far and leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths.
    Not saying JTC is like this though.

I'm in favor of the [Religion] tag. Also guys, there are other beliefs besides Christianity and Atheism. They would have to make more than two threads.
    HylianNinja and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. changed one word happy?
  16. I wasn't trying to start an argument or sound hateful but uh...I guess?
    TerryDaTerrorist likes this.
  17. that is REALLY random...
    TerryDaTerrorist likes this.
  18. If you ask me he shouldn't be singled out, others have expressed that they are religious here so just mentioning him is unfair.
    How would they have to make more than two, I see Religious and Non-Religious as enough, we don't need to name 20 different variations.
  19. Oh no I wasnt either, srry I just ment that JTC has been taking all of this by himself. Im not mad at u panda I was reading through this thread and found a few mean ones that got me irked. But ya....
  20. I don't think any split is needed, just put [Christian] next to title and they say the wont post on it.