<[Updated OP]>-Religious thread prefix idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by jkjkjk182, Jan 25, 2013.

?

[READ the idea first please] Like this idea?

Yes. 15 vote(s) 31.9%
No. 29 vote(s) 61.7%
Yes, as long as... (post reason below) 3 vote(s) 6.4%
  1. Daxter is right. All of this has started because of me... :(
    Gap542 likes this.
  2. Because there are other religions than Christian, and the rules state we must respect all religions. (See Rule 6)
    Daxter9133 likes this.
  3. But you're not the only one on the Religious side who has added to the fire.
    Daxter9133 likes this.
  4. Don't put this all on u man I'm on your side. I never posted Christian threads cause I was afraid of this happening. But I'm totally on your side and shoulda posted things sooner, even if just to find other Christians.
  5. Personally, past few weeks - All I've heard and read about is people starting up religious or anti-religious or political threads and people trying to start flame wars on each thread and then making new threads derailing the other thread just to be spiteful ...or people start threads just because they know it will start/cause arguments/debates ...

If I had a say so ... I'd ban any religious/politics thread from forums (just like with good-bye threads) ... just for the sheer fact all they do is cause nothing but more harm then good by starting the thread ...

and this is EMC ... a place where most of the topics should only be based around (minecraft, emc, hobbies, and personal preferences (video games, music, etc)) ...

People on emc are from different countries, and different cultures - meaning religion and politics will be offensive, no matter how hard you try to not make it offensive, because of people's cultures ... because their country doesn't offer the same religious views as other countries ... (this isn't the same as with music, and games, etc - because those are world wide unlike religion) ...

and as far as i am concerned, religion should stay within your church and neighborhood, not on a game (minecraft) ... which was meant to have no religion meaning within the game.

Minecraft is a worldwide game - meaning a worldwide view of religion (which is basically 'no religion') should be shared amongst the players ... because no one will have the same religious view, and it will always make someone feel out of place playing the game if all they see/hear is christian threads or democratic threads or atheist threads ... and i'm for instance roman catholic or agnostic or have a dictator view of politics rather then presidential based politics - it will make me feel like the server/game is allowing people to take sides with others and everyone else isn't allowed to post/comment freely ...

However, with music/games threads - the entire world hears, reads about the genres and songs, and can express themselves freely (if they're saying it nicely) ... like you aren't allowed to say (this sucks, or that looks stupid) ... instead use: (I really dislike this song (and the valid reason)) ... Even though, if you don't like a thread - and it isn't asking for it to be a debate, you really don't have a right to comment disregarding the thread in the first place ...But since the entire world is not set on one religion/politics - and people will always comment on it regardless, it should stay out of the forums - to keep the inflammatory of bad comments down.

This is my suggestion

-Caléb
    PandasEatRamen, Gap542 and penfoldex like this.
  6. Making a religious section wouldn't inhibit religion-wars, it would only serve as an arena for intollerant folk to duke it out in a verbal tennis match of hate and strife. We should all just be the way we are, and if some people don't like it, well, a Minecraft forum isn't the place to complain about it. :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. You're able to post them, there's nothing wrong with it.

But maybe a warning in the Thread name or some huge 96 bold cyan colored words in the beginning warning you would help it not clauge with war. I wouldn't really open a thread that would say: [Example] because you know, I hate Examples therefor I wouldn't open such thread..

I'm not saying I'm hateful against such religions, I just don't like at all to read things about them.
  8. There is only one problem:
    Rule Number six" "Thou Shalt Be Respectful And Tolerant Of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, And Sexual Orientation"
    If we were to ban religon, we would be breaking this rule.
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  9. I don't want to cause more drama, but I think your choice/view of religion is a personal preference is it not?
    Daxter9133 and jtc0999 like this.
  10. Put [religious] next to your thread titles, and there should be minimal issues:) Everyone makes mistakes, its part of learning:) This would have happened eventually, so dont beat yourself up about it!
  11. EMC can't ban religion, some school systems may have been able too but the rules of EMC won't allow EMC to ban any religious talk. Technically there's alota people that shoulda been temp banned for being mean to religious people via the rules.
    6. Thou Shalt Be Respectful And Tolerant Of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, And Sexual Orientation

Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual harassment (including harassment of homosexuals), and hate speech, will not be
    tolerated.
    I wish the mods would uphold this rule instead of constant warnings.
    SleepyPK likes this.
  12. Look, ipods, pets, and what not, are different then things as religion. Most people base their lives of of their religion so those people would get offended when someone comes in a talks about their religion.
  13. I remember I wanted to make a swastika the first week I wanted to join.

I couldn't cause it would 'cause Rage.(Mod told me so)
    ~~~~
    It's not about banning Religions, It's just about warning the other players that such thread will talk about such topic.
  14. I think I have a solution... A Convo, to which you can be ask to be invited into. We may have to increase the max number of participants but I'm pretty sure that's possible. We could have a mod monitor it just in-case someone does get in just to share negative thoughts.

Although this is similar to the forum category, I do see it as slighty different and a better way to do it.
  15. The suggestion is completely different now.

It's not about dividing Game and Religion. Now the solution that doesn't separate both is just to put some sort of prefix in the thread title.
  16. How did you plan on warning people about that swastika?
    And why does everyone want to make a swastika? To me it's making fun of those who were tortured and killed.
  17. I think creepin just wants an increase on PM max number of people.
  18. He was making an example dont argue about it.
  19. It was just to troll, nothing serious. xD

But yeah.. A prefix on thread title will do.
  20. Na I was talking main for that convo, however it would be handy...
    I see, I think trolling could be done much better other things...
    Just sayin lol, soul sand and signs... Place them everywhere >: ) (totally forgot how to do the evil face :confused:)