Unusual Smells You Like

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dr_Chocolate, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Mine are pretty common, but I love the smell of gasoline, oil, let me stop there. Honestly anything that has to do with cars I love the smell of, and that would be because I work on cars!
    PMSubhan likes this.
  2. I love the smell of cold Walmart freezers. The crisp freshness gets me every time.
    PMSubhan likes this.
  3. My favorite smells:
    -Gas
    -Dirt
    -Tar
    -Barn
    -Saltwater
    -The smell after it rains
    -Sugar cane
    Kytula and Dr_Chocolate14 like this.
  4. the smell of a fire on your clothes the next day, :p
    AshtrayRock and PMSubhan like this.
  5. For some reason, I like the smell of smoke.

And no, I'm not a second hand smoker.
    PMSubhan likes this.
  6. So you know, gasoline actually doesn't have a smell they add it so you can smell it
  7. you know what they call people that breath in too much smoke from a fire?

The Walking Dead.....

That's coz when someone is in a building that is on fire or around smoke too much, their lungs soak in the smoke, and over a short time as short as 20 mins, it can make their body shut down, and their organs fail.

So when someone comes out of a building on fire, and they seem out off it, you know....

We watching many videos of this in college, and some to the point where people where running out on fire........
    Kytula and Dr_Chocolate14 like this.
  8. Petrol and Sharpie pens.

Edit: Also TipEx, glue (don't worry, I don't intentionally sniff it >.>), and burnt out matches.
    PMSubhan likes this.
  9. Hmm, this thread looks familiar but fun. :) Here are a list of some of my very favorite smells.

• That sardine-y fish smell that blasts you right in the nose as you walk into the small aquarium in the local zoo (this may be my favorite unusual smell, as I prefer it to many other smells that most people dislike. However, I've never been good at picking favorites, so I'm probably wrong. :p)
    • The smell that comes with rain
    • Skunk... from a distance. I've learned from experience that while I quite enjoy it when the skunk is far away, it doesn't go too well on your dog.
    • Sawdust
    • New books
    • Vanilla. I've gotten some weird looks when I'm baking something and someone walks into the room just as I'm taking giant whiffs of the bottle of vanilla every time I have to use it.
    • Play-Doh. Whoever made this stuff had a godly nose, if you ask me.
    • Pine trees, pine needles, pine sap, etc.
    • Maple syrup
    • Ocean and mountain air
    • Crayons
    • Buttered lionfish. Seriously, go spear some of these guys and try it. They're invasive anyway, so you'll be doing both the reefs and your stomach a favor.
    • Dirt
    • Snow, when you stick your whole face into it
    • Cinnamon, especially cinnamon baking treats in the oven
    • Lake water. One of my favorite fish dishes was rainbow trout at a restaurant on the highway because it smelled like lake water and tasted exactly like it smells.
    Those have to be my least favorite, other than maybe cigarettes and the smell of dryer sheets that have been left in a small space for a straight week. :p However, I will grant you that the smell of new tires is nice.
    607 and PMSubhan like this.
  10. Ah, I forgot about that smell.
    I'm gonna edit that into my post
    PMSubhan likes this.
  11. Bump! Keep it coming guys!
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  12. New Jordans... ( Or Shoes in general )
    PMSubhan likes this.
  13. The smell of a basement that has wood in it Year-Round
    PMSubhan likes this.
  14. I'm not sure if I should be worried that most people posted things related to fire/smoke/gasoline lol
    my fave smells are:
    • Dog Food (not sure why I've always loved the smell lol)
    • Babies (why do they smell so good and why can't we smell like that forever? D: )
    • freshly cut grass (although I don't think is unusual)
    • Ocean Water mmmm
    • M&M's (idk why but I love the smell of this candy)
    Hashhog and PMSubhan like this.
  15. THIS IS 'MURICA, WHAT'S "PETROL" :p "Gasoline"
    PMSubhan likes this.
  16. The smell of that film that you peel off of electronics.
    PMSubhan likes this.
  17. Don't worry, you're not crazy. I'm with you on the dog food. Babies I just lump in with liking the "New book" smell... after all, aren't they pretty much just the interactive version of one? :p
    PMSubhan and jossytheninja like this.
    • Tigerstick pine tar
    • Leather
    • gasoline
    • Expo markers...
    PMSubhan likes this.
  18. Call me weird, but I like the smell of new (text)books.

I can kinda distinguish the age of the book by the smell...
    PMSubhan and Matherox like this.
  19. -Chlorine. I guess it reminds me of fun times at the pool :D
    -I used to like the way car gasoline smelled when I was a kid, but they tampered with it somehow and it doesn't smell the same D:
    -Blankets. It must be the dryer sheet smell
    -this one isn't really unusual but it's my favorite smell: the air right after it has rained. I absolutely love it.
    PMSubhan likes this.