[Unofficial Debate] Wild Reset

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonions, Jun 20, 2012.

?

To reset or not to reset? Remember to READ.

Yes, I want the reset. 36 vote(s) 30.8%
No, I don't want the reset. 81 vote(s) 69.2%
  1. While this is true. It is also true that a lot of the players here do want the reset for the quick ores.
    And yes everyone has their right to an opinion I just think that a chunk of the players will want this reset for that reason, and no that is not wrong but it is annoying to others when they do not think before they act a lot of the younger players and even some of our more seasoned players will not care about how a reset will affect anyone but themselves, and that is their right to do so but if everyone would stop and think "oh wait if I just to out and spend more than an hour exploring I can find an unexplored part of Emc and I am sure to find the new stuff there" I just think that all town goers should sit back and look at how this will affect a LOT of people before they just start saying they want a reset.
    And yes this is just a game but the principles should still apply.
    oidgod likes this.
  2. This is part of what upsets a lot of people
    The wild is NOT destroyed all you have to do is walk out more than 1k from spawn
    I found 11 stacks of iron 18 diamonds 2 Stacks of gold and 4 stacks of coal one time.
    And I was barely 1.5 k from the spawn
    All we have to do is take the time to play the first part of minecraft ....Mine
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  3. I agree with this. The "lazy" comment could be applied just as easily to the people who do not want the reset. IE: The people who want the fresh content don't get it because the wild folks do not want to move.

I spend a lot more of my time in the wild than in town. I have a lot built out there. I would personally like to see a reset for several reasons.

I would like to (again - sorry if I'm repeating to much but I want to get this idea out there.) bring up the idea of making the periodic reset area large and resetting it a lot more often. If the periodic reset area was made to be, say 5K blocks out on each side of spawn - then that part was reset (maybe once a month, once every other month) Something like that. Then the "Outpost" people could move out past that area into an area that would only be reset if an update might break things. Then the area inside would be constantly updated and available for the people who like to stay closer to home.

I think this would make things a lot easier on both groups. I know the wild folks do not like this idea right now, because they would have to move and would loose things now - but in the long run it would be good for them to know they would not have to deal with the wild resets - but rarely.

If this isn't making sense let me know. I ramble sometimes.

<3

Edit: lowered the block distance - because the first was just a number I threw out and I do believe would be excessive.
    BailiB and Call_Me_DeJaja like this.
  4. You see though (well obviously you see) that we offer both a safe Town to live in and a Wild for people who like the possibility of turning around and coming face to face with a creeper. The towns won't be reset and with MASSIVE projects like LLO it is hard to see all the hard work and hours spent go down the drain. As a player who goes to the wild to get Diamonds, Iron, Coal and more you of course would like to see some variety and like things to be changed, but as a player who has dedicated their effort, time and rupees to their cause and sole existence on EMC the idea of a reset is insane. The LLO page is one of if not the larges EMC page filled with memories and projects that with a push of a button would be wiped out. Like stated previously and I stand by my word it is the lazy of EMC that want the reset as it takes more effort to creat a safe haven for people than it does to walk out a bit further. They spend little time the wild so why should the overall landscape bother them. They want these cool things than take some Speed II potions and a little time out of you day and find a nice clean spot because EMC is FILLED with them. It is the hard working grinders, builders and survivors in the wild that don't want the reset because it is THEIR hard work on the line. All the things such as new Villages and the Temples would be dismantled and decimated on sight. Want to build large and cool structures? Go to the 60x60 res you have and build it. Don't vote for the reset because in the end think of how many people's creations will be lost while you sit there with your house safe.
    ZBSDKryten and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. Like I said, the "lazy" term could be applied to both sides.

Either way someone is unhappy.
    SecretAznEks and IcecreamCow like this.
  6. You see, if the PRA is made bigger, it wont matter. Its still the same seed, from what i know, the same stuff will spawn each time unless they have a certain way of randomizing things.
  7. ive actually made a few grinders and i wouldn't mind a reset, nice new places to find
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  8. I voted no because like the OP said, I - We (the people who build in the wild) have put SO much time and effort to even getting far away from town, let alone building our structures for living, grinding, and commuting. If all of that went with a reset, I believe a lot of people would leave EMC, I being one of them more than likely. We as a Server cannot afford to lose more players than we already have, servers are expensive and we have 10 of them! We need people to stay, and we need more advertising for new players.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  9. New players are going to be hard to keep when they come on and see our wild is devastated.
    roblikescake and Monster_ like this.
  10. Most of the damage is in the current PRA.
    Monster_ likes this.
  11. true, but i know that if they asked anyone on the server - we could tell them to venture out atleast 200 blocks and there would be fresh resources.
  12. This is not how it works, however.

Scenario

1st - player logs on and goes through the tutorial
    2nd - player gets his lot to build on.
    3rd - player doesn't have much in way of rupees or materials so they /wild to get materials.
    4th - Player spends 20 minutes looking for trees.
    5th - player takes the ten minutes it take to find a new server and leaves.

First impressions mean a lot. Most players will not bother to ask someone - most EMCers get annoyed with all the "newbs" in chat asking for help, so they don't always come off as very helpful.
  13. so a better idea would be to ask to expand the PRA
  14. Is this a question, or a statement?
  15. both lol.
    because of you helping me logically go through this, it seems like the only pheasable conclusion!
  16. I truly think so.

There are two groups of people who use the wild. One group who go there for resources. This is perfectly acceptable. the wild is for mining and resources.

The second is the group who go out there to live and build. Also understandable, since it can be less exciting to be confined to a 60x60 lot, with no mobs or challenges to safety.

Instead of these two groups always at each others throat every time this subject comes up, why not find a compromise.

I'm not honestly sure what would go into this technical wise, but logically I do not see a lot of problems. Just move that little yellow line out farther. Having a PRA right now seems so useless, since it is never reset. I also do not believe that the reset area is large enough, simply because the number of town people greatly outweigh the wild folks. Also the destruction is massive and fast - because there are so many people going out there to get what they need.
    Luke4214 and Monster_ like this.
  17. i think it's a great compromise for sure! both parties win along with the server population - having a PRA up to 600 blocks would be great! maybe have it weekly along with like an hour of server maintenance downtime (as the servers are getting quite laggy). Has this been brought to Justin's attention? In my opinion it's an awesome resolution to a not so complicated problem.
  18. If they put that tiny amount of effort into the server, then its good they left.
    Joshposh70 and Biscuitboy5396 like this.
  19. I agree to resetting the wild AND the Ender Realm it is better for people to have a chance of having fun finding and killing the dragon and finding new items in the 1.3 maps otherwise it won't be possable to find that green stuff i forget its name but its 25% rarer than diamonds so that will make it almost inposable to get them
  20. not entirely. i mean - if we get more people to stay, and say that they love the server thats free advertising! and free advertising is good advertising!