[Unofficial Debate] Wild Reset

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonions, Jun 20, 2012.

?

To reset or not to reset? Remember to READ.

Yes, I want the reset. 36 vote(s) 30.8%
No, I don't want the reset. 81 vote(s) 69.2%
  1. it needs to be bigger, i mean if it has to come down to it where they reset the whole wild or just the first 600m each side, i'd for sure choose the 600m
  2. Well in certian cases first impressions matter. Personally i will read a 600 page book half way through and then decide i dont like it. Now in an interview a first impression does matter. But in this case if they were to walk out for 20 minutes, they would most likely find trees.
    And when i pick a woman, i will go for a girl i know for a while, and i never go for one that approaches me and expects a date after one night.
  3. 600 is absolutly not enough.

This is what gets me about the wild folks. There is not a true wild person out there who does not travel at least 5K from spawn just to avoid griefing. But the idea of anything outside of 600 being reset is to much? You need to understand that you are outnumbered by the town people. So why are you trying to shove their needs into a tiny box?

This argument is saying - We do not respect your needs enough to be willing to move - even if we knew we were moving to a much better/more secure(semi-permanent) location. Just because we don't want to.

There is a middle ground here but no one wants to work to get there.
  4. even if she's gorgeous and offers to preform a certain task?
    pat2011 likes this.
  5. The thing is, is that the wild isnt supposed to be reset
    zulu9 likes this.
  6. Just wondering why you would go in the wild to find trees? Just get some saps and make a small treefarm.

I think the pro argument is for non-farmable stuff like diamonds or the emeralds.
    But then again there is sooo much unexplored space in the wild. Also if there was a really large area which would reset weekly prices for ores and such would drop and we would see a weekly server rush to get the fresh things.
    Monster_ likes this.
  7. *applauds*
    Great story, sir!
    jkjkjk182 and Monster_ like this.
  8. i'm trying my best to, but outside the 600 nothing ever needs to be reset. go out to any server and look at the 600's and beyond, everything should be in order and isn't in need of being reset - where as to if we did reset to like 20k blocks out, it'd just be too much renewing, economy would be dropping because resources are readily available right then and there until the next reset.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  9. 1. I was referring to Melody's example:)
    2. Emerald farms are a possibility. Mulitiple sheep+shears+villager=infinite emeralds
  10. thank you kind sir!
    ~
  11. OR(e)
    ((lolol))
    we could just totally exclude the emeralds and just have them available in the /shop
    i don't think people would like that though
  12. TLDR Version: 1. Don't divide the EMC members into "town people" and others. 2. The EMC is so big and we do not run out of space or resources. Town + Wild makes this so great.

Rant version:
    Outnumbered by "the town people"? Sorry but that is nonsense. We have 8 servers. I know many people who live happily in the wild on one, have a nice res on one or more servers and go mining on another one. The EMC is a vast place and we are not running out of space or anything. Dividing into "town people" and "wild people" is not helping. Some just want to stay in town, make a business or whatever, some like to go 20K blocks and make their own thing in the wild, some do all the stuff. What makes the EMC great is that we can do all this on a single server network already.
    SecretAznEks and Monster_ like this.
  13. You are bringing up good points. I am happy to address this.

"But then again there is sooo much unexplored space in the wild"

Not always close. Just because someone doesn't want to spend all their time in the wild - does not make their play style less valid than those who so.

"weekly prices for ores and such would drop and we would see a weekly server rush to get the fresh things"

I do not think so. For a short time yes, but the reason there is a rush to the wild for the close resources is because people know they are going to go away quickly and be gone a long time. If a reset was happening often this would not be the case. After a few reset, I would be willing to bet that the massive and fast deconstruction around the spawns would not happen at all. People would not feel panicked to get there first.
  14. EMPIRE MINECRAFT, THE NEW FRONTIER!
    oidgod likes this.
  15. Id rather not a reset, but i do admit im not always in the wild am in town A LOT if not more. I just didnt want all the grinders and hard work destroyed
    Monster_ likes this.
  16. Overall, the reset is for two things: Resources, and Cosmetics..
    we can do the cosmetics within the 600m (or block) range from spawn, and same with the resources.
    I at least, am fighting for my right to keep my humble abode in the wild safe from destruction. Out where I am (the 30-50k range) there is absolutely no shortage of resource, and when i started, even in the 5,000 i could find a few stacks of coal and half a stack of diamond in a day. I believe that if we had the reset area all the way up to 10k it wouldn't allow us to build within that area, and it would eliminate a lot hard work (referring to the LLO)
  17. zulu9 likes this.
  18. We could also just throw spawns wayyyyy out into unloaded chunks?
    TerryDaTerrorist, Monster_ and zulu9 like this.
  19. And those who don't share that lifestyle do not matter?