[Unofficial Debate] Wild Reset

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonions, Jun 20, 2012.

?

To reset or not to reset? Remember to READ.

Yes, I want the reset. 36 vote(s) 30.8%
No, I don't want the reset. 81 vote(s) 69.2%
  1. So no one has posted a decent comment? I'm pretty sure I've responded to many.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. The Last Light Outpost. It is a wild colony on smp7.
  3. No what you have done is take ANY comment that differs from your EXACT opinion and drag it through the mud.......
  4. I've looked through this and while you may not agree with her, I don't see melody doing what you're saying. I do see you guys attacking her quite a bit though. That will end now.
    SecretAznEks, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. While i have not joined her side, i agree with some ideas. Do you think a larger PRA is viable?:)
    melodytune likes this.
  6. :oops:Thank you ICC, Sir.

I can take it though, or I wouldn't have stuck around so long. I get myself drawn into these things to often, and there might be a small part of me that tends to egg them on.

I think - other than a few moments here and there - that it has been a pretty decent discussion. I've even managed to make an ally or two in unexpected places.
    Manglex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. well in the next update every biome will be expanded so larger desert jungles etc.
  8. I was just made to realize this might have come off as a bit .. err... ungrateful or non appreciative - and a bit argumentative!

Not how I meant it. I just mean. Thank you so much. I'm so flattered. I just don't want to get out of taking some of the blame, since I am sure some of it is owed to me!!
  9. IMO, big jungles would be terrible. And we might not get the large biomes, as that is a new world type option
  10. I dont want to walk so far then ill get lost
  11. Use the live map...
    ob1bob69 likes this.
  12. Like xp grinders are extremely greedy people.. <,<.. I quit helping people when she said that, because, I grind xp to replace my tools when I need them and as I have been more busy removing all of my structures from every server because everyone seems to want reset the wild to have an ore added to one biome, I haven't been grinding xp either. I didn't want to make her a liar by pointing out helping people.. So I am a greedy, selfish ***** because I grind xp. :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. I <3 the 31 people!
  14. What really concerns me is the amount of misinformation that LOT of members believe to be true about resets. I keep seeing members stating things that simply are not true. For example, less then 15 minutes ago someone stated in town chat on smp6 that EMC resets the wild after every update, had I not been there to correct him, everyone in the town chat that didnt know better would have believed this was true. I've heard people say things like "I want a reset because I want the new books" and things of that nature, and simply dont realize that not reseting doesnt mean not UPDATING.

I fear that there are going to be a lot of people voting pro-reset based on this kind of misinformation. My main goal for posting in these types of threads is to try and help people to understand the nature of a reset a littlle better and to present my own point of view/opinion. I would encourage ALL of you to correct people or at least explain to them if they have an false understanding of how resets work. Bear in mind, I'm not saying I understand every facet of how all the details of resets work, but I can still correct people that might think a reset does something that it doesnt.

Allowing these people to be misinformed when they go to cast their vote (should there be one) will gain more votes for the people who are PRO reset, I can only hope that the PRO reset people will still do the right thing and still point out the correct information even if it means losing that vote.
    ob1bob69 likes this.
  15. You have just contradicted yourself ;)
  16. oooo you expect a lot of us. ;)

I kid. Honestly though, I don't see this being a big problem. Most of those people don't understand because they do not come to the forums. I don't see them ever voting in the first place.

Edit: Well.. It is true there are some who have posted in this thread. But I think is it is a small minority. Maybe I'm wrong.. lol. I duno. But I agree that I do hope people are informed correctly.

How so?
  17. Oh, just had an idea!

What if they did something like Jk was saying -

On the thread to vote - put the information above the voting poll - stating exactly what would happen with/without a reset. (only difference is no test before you can vote.) Just to make sure the info is there.
  18. Someone posted a long and well thought out argument, and your only reply was
    Makes it seem like your just ignoring everyone who post's a decent argument.
  19. This is a good idea, and I'm sure there will be such a statement, but wether or not the majority of voters will read it BEFORE voting.. unlikely. The vote/poll IS the very first thing you see in a thread after all.