Umm Can't connect to any server or sp world... mc just crashes!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by CyborgTed, Mar 13, 2014.

1. It's one of general scenarios I encounter. I write software for wireless data collection equipment. I'll get a call and one of my first questions is: "Have you changed ISP's, had any equipment replaced, or any other changes to your network or phone system? Often I get a "yes", and even when I get a "no", I find that the answer was really "yes". Often someone like an ISP installer has swapped equipment out, made sure his stuff works, then left. Then I get a call and have to figure out what they did.

Things don't stop working unless you have a hardware failure or something was changed. I was a bit disappointed that we were doing the equivalent of trying to troubleshoot a bad engine sensor and ended up resolving the problem by rebuilding the whole engine. Still, I've done the same thing when I couldn't make any progress. When you weigh the cost of restoring everything against the problems you are having, sometimes it is best to start over again.
    PandasEatRamen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Um... What do you mean by system restore?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Set it back to factory settings. Basically you have to install the 4million updates you have when you first bought it and set it up all over again.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. It is possible that there was a more recent backup made, so it may have only been a few weeks of lost stuff. But the problem was described in the link I posted, the launcher he used to post the error report was trying to access files that didn't exist anymore.
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.