Tutorial.0

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Opinion?

+1 4 vote(s) 80.0%
0 1 vote(s) 20.0%
-1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I suggest an extended tutorial that helps people after they exit the tutorial.

Continued Tutorials
    Though the tutorial explains a lot, it does not explain everything. I have come up with some scenarios that will help the player a ton.
    • Residence Claiming
      Currently, when a player finishes a tutorial, they receive a residence with no option of choosing where to live. How about a different system that allows the player to actually choose one? Let me get into detail:
      • They finish a shortened tutorial focusing on rules.
      • They are teleported to a random, but open, residence.
      • In chat, it says something like this:
        Welcome to the Empire!
        You have been teleported to an open residence.
        If you would like to make this residence your home, say /claim
        If you would like to keep browsing, say /v open
      • If they choose another, the last three lines would be put in the chat again. To prevent spam and such, I suggest that chat be muted for them.
      • If they claim a residence, the following message plays:
        Congratulations, you now own a residence!
        You can build to your heart's desire on this 60x60 protected plot.
        You can unclaim the residence at any time with /res unclaim
        If you stray too far, say /home to come back to this place.
    • The Wastelands
      Once a player enters the Wastelands, they begin mining and can often get too far and get lost. Though not perfect, I have thought up a tutorial for this. I will take you through this step-by-step.
      • Player says /waste
      • They are teleported to a random Wastelands outpost as always.
      • Message pops up:
        Welcome to the Wastelands!
        The Wastelands is a world made for gathering materials such as ores, stone, and more.
        The Wastelands is much smaller than the Frontier.
        Every time you visit the Wastelands, you get teleported to a random outpost.
        If you ever get lost, please use the command /map to get a link to your server's live map.
        Remember: Griefing is not allowed ANYWHERE on the server!
      • Player goes mining and such.
    • Wilderness/Frontier
      It has been said that a player usually messes up the Frontier with the Wastelands, this may solve many problems. Once again, here is a step-by-step play through.
      • Player says the /wild command
      • Message pops up:
        Welcome to the Frontier!
        Also known as the Wilderness, the Frontier is a place for you to build wilderness bases.
        If you'd like, you can learn how to establish your wilderness base on the forums.
        If you ever get lost, please use the command /map to get a link to your server's live map.
        Note: If you have come here to mine or gather resources, please visit the /wastelands instead. Thank you!
        Remember: Griefing is not allowed ANYWHERE on the server!
      • Player does what players do.
    Literally copy pasted from a previous thread of mine from 6 years ago.
    The current tutorial is basically starting a class on fractions and the first class is an open book test on the theorems and postulates.
    I recommend stop shoving everything down a player's throat for the first 10 minutes and teach them over time.
    Some information may not be the same as when it was originally posted, but you get the idea.

It's a little bothersome that people keep asking how to do the tutorial. It's too ironic.
    Egeau, wafflecoffee and Windylava like this.