[TRICK] Make Rupees Fast Via EMC Market!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by CraftyCosmic, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Because I haven't mentioned it yet, and because we are having the conversation...

Yes, anybody is free to BUY/SELL any item I stock in unlimited quantity. I both support and encourage bulk buying at my shop on SMP9 @ 18185

I don't know why it took so long for it to occur to me to plug my wares .... ;)

...thanks for the idea @Faithcaster :)
  2. sometime in the future, Im going to make a log on my own for this.
  3. ^ This

Here's a real-world comparison: I'm a huge fan of Lush Cosmetics, which has a lot of freshly-made, limited-release items that can only be bought during certain times of the year or on certain days in the case of the UK site. You would not believe how many people will buy a bunch of some of these items and then later re-sell them for twice as much online- and these items are pricey to begin with! For example, I regularly see their limited release perfumes (which retail at upwards of $40~50) being posted online for $100. Would I buy from these people? No. But if that's what they want to do, then it's up to them, because some of these items DO get bought by others for these inflated prices because there IS such a high demand.

Back when I cared more and had more free time that wasn't spent winding down from work, I did this on other games I played. Generally, you'll find this with anything that has any sort of simulated economy! Gaia (back in the DAY like actual years ago haha), Team Fortress 2, Ragnarok Online, Flight Rising-- all of these games, which have experienced massive online popularity at some point in the last 16 years, as well as MANY others, had an economy that was bolstered by people doing things like buying low and selling high. And you know what? When the economy is done right, and it's regulated by The People In Charge (which is VERY hard to do and given that EMC has been around for a minute, I think that it's very impressive that the economy here is relatively stable!), you'll find that this buy low-sell high model can actually help the economy as users are then able to purchase pricier items from each other.

Personally, my only complaint is that you can't sell common items (dirt, wood, cobble, etc) back to the EMC store. Even if it was a fraction of what they charge (say, a piece of dirt can be bought for 10, but you can also sell it for 2), I think that that could be a more useful addition to the economy than anything else, however I understand that there is opportunity for abuse there as well.

TL;DR: Buy low/sell high is going to happen anywhere you have an economy, and that's not necessarily bad! People just need to be responsible and respectful of the economy and other players.
    Trapper777 and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. While I personaly don't want to argue with this, the shop is not set up to sell so that you may set up your own shop and the economy is not infinite and has some limits. with things that are impossible to sell to the shop, you are supposed to either set up your own shop or sell to another player shop.