This is me, everyday

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JDHallows, Jan 27, 2019.

?

Can you relate with the story below?

Yeah, that's totally me! 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Maybe some days 7 vote(s) 53.8%
No, I'm usually really organized 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I decided to wash my car. As I started toward the garage, I noticed that there was mail on the hall table. So, I decided to go through the mail before I washed the car. I laid my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and noticed that the trash can was full. So, I decided to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.

But then I thought, since I’m going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. So, I took my checkbook out of my briefcase that was on the table and noticed that there was only one check left. My extra checks were in my desk in the den, so I went back to my desk where I noticed a bottle of soda that I had been drinking.

I was going to look for my checks, but first I needed to push the soda aside so I wouldn’t accidentally knock it over. In doing that, I noticed that the soda was getting warm and decided I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I headed toward the kitchen with the soda, a vase of flowers on the counter caught my eye. They needed to be watered, so, I sat the soda down on the counter and then I saw my reading glasses that I had been searching for all morning. I decided that I had better put them back on my desk ... but then I remembered that I was going to water the flowers. So, I put the glasses back down on the counter, filled a container with water ... and suddenly I spotted the TV remote. Someone had left it on the kitchen table.

No doubt tonight when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it was on the kitchen table, so I decided to put it back in the den where it belongs. But first, I’ll water the flowers. I splashed some water on the flowers, but most of it spilled on the floor. So, I put the remote back down on the table, got some towels to wipe up the spill and then I headed down the hall, trying to remember what I had been planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn’t washed, the bills aren’t paid, there is a warm bottle of soda sitting on the counter, the flowers aren’t watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can’t find the remote, can’t find my glasses, and don’t remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I’m really tired.

------------------

This is a story I found online that I so related with, lol. Anyone else ever feel like this is how their day goes sometimes? :p
  2. Absolutley this is my everyday struggle
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. What a disappointment when I found out you had taken this from somebody else! It's interesting to see that you still got 11+ likes. A nice story, though! My mother had this problem, but I think she's now found enough ways to combat it.
    JDHallows likes this.
  4. I feel you, I even get like this on EMC :p
    JDHallows likes this.
  5. Haha yeah, I’m not much of a creative writer like that :p

I just saw it and found it funny and relatable, so decided to share it :D
    Mochoa_Frap and 607 like this.
  6. That makes sense! I guess I should have checked the forum section first. ;)
    Still, maybe it would have been nice to put the entire things between two pairs of quotes, or make it italic. :)
    Mochoa_Frap likes this.
  7. My dad does it with me and my sister when we go out.