The smp3 Wild City: Applications thread

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by mayorprofessor, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Ive been inactive for a little while, but im back, again.

Things that MUST be done (in order of importance):
    1. MORE PEOPLE: This is probably the most important thing in this list! Without people in the city, we will have to abandon and leave everything that we worked so hard to get. We need a vigorous recruitment program and to get as much people in the city so that we don't have to abandon.
    2. Mob protection: This is a definite must. We originally had the idea of an army to protect the citizens from mobs. This hasn't been implemented, but it will be. The number of people we will have in the city is going to swell during the summer, so this will be easier to implement then.
    3. Food: Not as much of a problem as it was in the city's founding week, but still a problem. I have a greenhouse on the third, top, floor of my house. It's not huge, but it produces quite a bit of wheat. There is another, larger, farm just outside the city, but I forget who owns it, or if it is open to everyone. I am going to allow access to it for everyone so that food won't be a problem. The one rule of this is that when you harvest the crops, if it doesn't replenish automatically, you must replant.
    4. Building materials: Not as big a problem anymore, especially since we found lots of caves while mining. Would definitely be a problem if we stopped mining and once we needed more we didn't have anything.
    5. The economy: Probably this would be where I would rant about ruining the economy, if I was Aikar. But I'm not, so yeah. We aren't going to have huge collective farms, just like in the real life communist countries. These, as I have learned in World History, have failed. The countries that they mainly failed in were China and the USSR, the 2 main communist countries. If we can build factories somehow, that would be good. Some things we need are: Torches, Smelted items, and other assorted items. Torches need either coal, or charcoal. Since wood is replaceable, and coal is scarce, we need a charcoal factory.
    Any other ideas would be great. Also...
    JOIN THE CITY NOW!!!
  2. I'm sorry, I have been really inactive on Smp3 as I have spent more time on Smp9. I will work on a charcoal factory maybe tomorrow, and a tree farm will be good.
  3. don't you realize the "wild city" will be deleted when the wild is changed for 1.6? sorry if someone has already stated this couldn't find it though
  4. its in the wild, not the wastelands
  5. oh there's a difference didn't know sorry
  6. IGN:five_star
    How long have you been playing on EMC: Around 1 year
    What do you think the wild city should be called:
    What biome do you think it should be in: Mountain!
    What skills do you have:Mining, Building, Spending all my Rupees
    What can you do to help the city/ideas:I could build a town hall
    Have you been banned before:No
    If yes, why:
  7. well I guess I should join then
    IGN: Maximus7697
    how long have I been playing: about 2 weeks
    what biome should it be in: mountains for sure
    what skills do you have: mining building fighting redstine
    have you been banned before: only for idling which people say doesn't count so to answer the question kind-of
    if yes why: not sure if my ban counts so I explained it in the last question
  8. accepted
    ill pm you the coords in a few minutes
  9. Both of us or just one?
  10. both of you.
    Maximus7697 likes this.
  11. alright thanks!
  12. Application:
    IGN:rabiesguineapig
    How long have you been playing on EMC: about a year
    What biome do you think it should be in:the current biome you have chosen
    What skills do you have:mining, building, redstone
    What can you do to help the city/ideas:building useful and decorative things + defend from both player and mob attacks
    Have you been banned before:eek:nce
    If yes, why:it was long ago in my early days of emc. A guy said that if I built him a cool adding to his house then he would pay me for it. I built a pretty cool underground bar and dining room and he didn't pay me much fr it. I was going to ask for a higher pay but something made him rage quit and he said he'd never come back. I got banned for /MSGing my friend if he wanted to grief him. -_- banned. I'm not banned now and haven't been since
  13. I think I'll visit for a few days and see what's changed since I left :D
  14. nothing much i think
  15. Are you still accepting applications?
  16. Why I guess? Is there something wrong?
  17. the city is basically not inhabited anymore