The smp3 Wild City: Applications thread

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by mayorprofessor, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Hey guys, if you need food just ask me. I almost have a stack of steaks and 2 stacks of wheat, about 30 bread, 3 stacks of carrots, melons, and I'm baking cookies. Maybe a cake.
  2. livemapg.png
    1Nqlj2P.png
    Here is the city as it was when it was just me and Champ4now; then the city as it was on the 24th of april, and then the city as it is now. Ill update this reply with more pictures later on.

Currently, I am unable to post the now picture of the city. Also, I had to censor out the location on the OLD picture, so that we don't get griefed.
  3. Wow! I can see my house from there!
    /joke
  4. IGN: takurashi
    How long have you been playing on EMC: Two months (Don't remember exactly).
    What biome do you think it should be in: Jungle, Hills, Taiga
    What skills do you have: Repair (replacing cobble) Building and Planning
    What can you do to help the city/ideas: Find supplies, follow orders, ideas.
  5. I'll think about it. You will probably be accepted, but I'll think about it.
  6. IGN: MercenaryCrow
    How long have you been playing on EMC: 204 days
    What biome do you think it should be in: Doesn't matter, you already have a location
    What skills do you have: Redstone; Redstone Farming; Generators
    What can you do to help the city: I have good farm plans, and offer generators
    Have you been banned before: No

I'd like to join a wild outpost, and want to give this one a chance. I enjoy EMC too much to risk my membership by griefing- besides, I'm not that type of person. Whether or not I stay, I promise to keep it's location a secret.
  7. Potatoes have two benefits. When baking manually, they give experience as well as being a source of nourishment.
  8. I've never gotten how a small baked potato, about the size of your hand can give more nourishment than an entire roast chicken.
  9. i might bring my employees along to help build the farms if that ok with u!
  10. To be fair, potatoes don't do a whole lot for saturation. Chicken fills that much better.
  11. Potatoes ARE the best. I'll kill you if you say otherwise. >: D
  12. Um, no. Both baked potatoes and cooked chicken fill three hunger bars, or meat pops.
  13. Saturation is the invisible bar that tells how long until those meat pops begin shaking, indicating that your going to begin getting hungry.
  14. IGN: Penguintwist1
    How long have you been playing on EMC: 112 days as of today
    What biome do you think it should be in: Desert with a snow biome nearby
    What skills do you have: Mining, scouting/survival
    What can you do to help the city/ideas: Nada, I 'm a good follower
    Have you been banned before: Nope I follow rules and at times enforce them
  15. Sorry for not being on here in a while. All applications that have not been previously accepted are accepted. Sorry for the delay
  16. Cool beans- so how's about them coords?
  17. ill send them immediately.
  18. How many people are actually active in this little town? I've never seen another living soul there in the (approx) week I've been there. And it doesn't look like anyone likes to avoid creepers or fill in the craters either. There's almost no documentation- let's see some signage, people!

I'm willing to build this city up into something nice- something we can all be proud of. But I wont do it alone. If we don't start coordinating and making things happen, I'm going to cut my losses.

Proposition 1:
    Help me secure a 17 x 10 x 17 room and I'll build a super fast smoothstone generator in it that outputs 12 x 1 x 12.

Proposition 2:
    Help me secure a square room 5 meters high and as wide as you want- I'll build a farm that harvests using lights.

Proposition 3:
    Help me secure a 10 x 10 x 20 room and I'll give you an obsidian generator.

If anyone would like to see a preview of my machines, PM me and/or find me on smp1.
  19. Then again, the biggest need of this town right now is security. It needs mostly walls and lights. Even if it's just for walkways between buildings, we need safe passage about the town.

Secondly, it would be nice to have some communal space- being forced to limit my activity to my own house/mine doesn't much make me feel like part of a community...