The Random Quotes Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BenCannoli, Apr 16, 2017.

1. This thread is simple. Post random quotes from famous great people, writers, television, characters, yourself. You name it!

You may also post pictures with quotes if you desire.
  2. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
    - George Santayana
  3. "Cogito ergo sum" by René Descartes
    Faithcaster and mercenaries2009 like this.
  4. There is actually a quotes thread already on the here that is still active in case you wanted to know.
    607 and mercenaries2009 like this.
  5. "I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." -George Orwell
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  6. Really? I had no idea. Could you send it to me later, please?

==========================================

"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light."
    - The Holy Bible: Romans, 13:12
  7. "Why so serious?"-The Joker(Heath Ledger)
  8. 607, mercenaries2009 and The_Mancub like this.
  9. Ah I see, but those are inspiring quotes. I think it's a bit more specific, isn't it? Well, either way, the thread is here so... Let us post some quotes, shall we? I'll post there too!
    ==========================================

"Everything is funny, as long as it's happening to somebody else."
    - Will Rogers
    607 and synth_apparition like this.
  10. Yep it is more specific towards inspiring quotes not just random quotes. I always like reading inspiring quotes because they inspire me and to see what inspires other people.
  11. Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. - Edgar Allan Poe

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. - Tom Clancy

That last one has more truth than you may expect. In reality, lots of things that don't make sense happen. My favorite example is how Persian leader, Cambyses, defeated Egypt with cats. When writing, you still need follow the laws of reality, things have to seem realistic. If I wrote about a man taking defeating a country with pictures of cats would that seem relaistic? No.

Bonus one, can you guess who said this?

All dimensions, all realities, are open to me. - Prince ----------

607, slash14459 and mercenaries2009 like this.
  12. "I've got a taste for older men, that's no surprise because that's the way it's always been." - Lana Del Rey
  13. "The day when two army corps can annihilate each other in one second, all civilized nations, it is to be hoped, will recoil from war and discharge their troops."
    - Alfred Nobel
  14. 'I don't like the look of it' -Oompa Loompas
  15. "It's not faster, it's just less time consuming"
    -10/10 friend
  16. We're not talking about this, or this, we're talking about THIIIIS!!-SpongeBob Squarepants
  17. Best quote ever lol
    =============================================

"Talk to the hand"
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Terminator
  18. "Candy Canes go on the Christmas tree, Edna!" - Petrov Shunkuski
  19. "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupry
    AncientTower likes this.
  20. "Hey, you want to be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!"
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Last Action Hero