The old days of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OriginalScuf, Dec 13, 2015.

?

Do you ageee

Yes 15 vote(s) 38.5%
No 24 vote(s) 61.5%
  1. Let us also remember the "old EMC" during the "purge" that spawned a separate community, which failed to grow.
    The Minecraft bubble has burst. Only the communities that evolved in the early days of Minecraft are still holding strong. It is great that EMC has reached near the top with Hypixel and the other big names. (I don't know them. EMC and "OBAM" were my only Minecraft homes.)

The past holds some bittersweet memories for all of us. This community has been through some great times and some horrible times. Just as every single country in the world. How the citizens overcome those horrible times and how the celebrate their great times decides their fate, not the nostalgia of their past.

There are plenty of people who can look back on the Nazi Occupation of Germany and find plenty of reasons to be nostalgic as well. That doesn't make it a desirable time to live in. Humans are predisposed to remember the best parts of their past no matter how hellish the reality of that time was.

When Veterans think back on our military service, we only share the happy memories with others. We don't like to remember the atrocities of war. I am nostalgic at times about the Army but only because of the wonderful people I served with. I block out memories of long days, long nights, weeks in the field, years in conflicts, weekends and evenings cleaning toilets and floors, days, weeks and years separated from my family, etc. However, anytime I get so despondent longing for the "good old days", I remind myself that those less enjoyable moments are the reason we all depend on each other to find joy in the worst moments. We all took the bad and found the good in each other.

Community always overrides the worst parts of our lives.

If you feel that EMC isn't the same, do something to bring back the positive community memories. Don't contribute to the negativity by posting such ridiculous and insulting statements. You are attacking the identity of our members. Dismissive comments of "it's just a game" go both ways here. Either you think of it as "just a game, get over it" in which case I say to you -- follow your own damn advice and get over it; or you think of EMC as a community and you want people to treat each other with respect, in which case I say to you -- be a positive influence and form your OWN OPINION and forge your OWN IDENTITY as a positive member of our community!
  2. I do agree a bit, last year, there was always helpful and friendly people, but when I returned, it seemed things didn't matter about the community anymore, and more of who could build better, or who could kill the most mobs, and there has also been more fights and hatred. BUT, on the other hand, its just some people are leaving and some are joining, society evolves and changes and its something we have to deal with at some point in our lives. I'm not going to say you're whining, but I'm not going to say I totally agree. Sorry.
    Frostbrewed2 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. It's an economy server. I'll repeat that. It's an Economy server. I can repeat it again if necessary. If you don't want to see people trying to gain money and win, then lock yourself in a soundproofed box for the rest of your life. I don't exactly see why everyone is required to give away everything instead of keeping it themselves. If that's how you feel, you should send Bill Gates an E-Mail real quick. Yah EMC has changed, but this isn't a place that you can complain about changing. What do you expect when you join servers like this? "Oh here take my money, it only took me 3 and a half years to achieve this point, but hey, you can have it :)"? Because that's not how things work.
    FoxyRavenger and ShelLuser like this.
  4. But its a survival server with an economy you dont need to partake in.
    mercenaries2009, _Ulti and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Last time I checked OriginalScuf is very active in the economy.
  6. Here's something I made on Photoshop. Enjoy!
  7. My feet still hurt from the nails
    Seanawesome14 and StoneSky like this.
  8. I agree, I am new but I agree
  9. Justin and Max... -_-
  10. Ooo the good old days yea i fun making at LLO to make what it is today :p but serious after being here for 1400s day Everything becomes one. The community is great and why I have stay here so long to try to make it better. :D :D :D
    OriginalScuf and _Ulti like this.
  11. 2014? The old days? So what was I? A fetus?
    The_Boulder likes this.
  12. Before that just swimming Around ;)
  13. Before that just swimming Around ;)
  14. DOUBLE POST OF SHAME
    PenguinDJ, FDNY21, _Ulti and 2 others like this.
  15. fluffinator09 and The_Boulder like this.