The old days of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OriginalScuf, Dec 13, 2015.

?

Do you ageee

Yes 15 vote(s) 38.5%
No 24 vote(s) 61.5%
  1. I personally haven't seen any anger what so ever apart from some bickering that ending in the two of them becoming good friends and I know that helping isn't all about giving away items, but to be honest the majority (80%) of people I see helping out are the ones who have topped the "ruppee chain" as they have no need for more money and are happy to help.

All in all I like the arguments people are raising in this thread, and really give props to you guys for keeping it respectful!

Just my observation,

~Dep
    iFlyinFish likes this.
  2. People on EMC still help each other out. I've been here since 2012, and of course, things have changed, but that doesn't make EMC any less of a family than it was before. I still know and talk to many amazing people here and find kind new players all of the time. People want rupees so that they can buy from malls, make things, share with others, it's an economy server after all, isn't it? That doesn't mean that it's a competition for everyone to get more rupees than one another - that's not what I see, anyway.

Very few real EMC gamers? What defines real in this case? I see lots of people playing fairly, having fun, helping each other out all of the time. You can say it's a game all you like, but this is still a community, and in my opinion, it has always been and still is a great community with many kind people out there.

These are just some initial thoughts to this and I see some good stuff mentioned already. But, I simply do not see what you seem to see Scuf, so I will respectfully have to disagree.
    Parkerjv, Twitch1, MrsWishes and 3 others like this.
  3. I think I just need to spend time with newer people. I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and feedback.
  4. Though I have only been here for 300 days, I have had this opinion find the right members and you will feel that this server is like a huge family.
    Twitch1 and Kytula like this.
  5. I couldn't say it better myself and omg the mob arena server was the best!

Edit: With the players leaving and new players joining, they always bring something different. We are all human after all. No one is the same and that is a good thing! I want a diverse server that changes around me. It's a good reason why I came back.
    Twitch1 and Eclipsys like this.
  6. emc hasnt changed, the people have changed and whoever says emc has changed just got older is all.

i feel like the op every couple of days. my drive to complete tasks i set for myself on emc is gone because the people i used to talk to daily on mumble and emc chat in general are somewhat gone. but i will still log in every day and vote everyday and try and visit some smp other then 6 to talk to someone i miss (been meaning to catch kephras recently)
    all in all emc is what you put into it, not what you take from it
  7. This was super true for me for the longest time. I had no desire to do anything but have my old friend group back. I only recently found some new friends I talk to and chat with through a private team speak. For me it's not about the game anymore it's about my friends I've made.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. I want to be an EMC gamer, how do I do so?
    Kytula and Rhythmicaly like this.
  9. Have tons of alts.
    Parkerjv, Twitch1, Kytula and 3 others like this.
  10. Rhythmicaly likes this.
  11. My old main is over 1100 days and I guess I remember it being a bit different, people were a lot money hoarding for sure and people didn't kill each other over promos
    But it's still the same I guess, there's loads of new features witch I like a lot though
    Also bitemenow didn't you used to be staff?
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  12. All I got from this thread is that I want Aikar to walk me to my res...
    Well I clicked the wrong answer in the poll, my bad. Emc changes every month depending on where you are, new people join and make it better or worse, then others leave and its just the community. Well I don't mind the community atm, some people are annoying and I don't think emc has changed that much in 569 days since my first account joined. 569 days isn't much but I haven't seen anything that really upset me about everything. Someone gets upset? Let em, things happen, for the better or for the worse. I have a feeling I went off topic, someone walk me back to my res.
  13. I might be late and have not have read all the messages but i gotta admit, even though i have only played for about 150 days the people here do often want rupees more. But maybe we should try make it like the old days. I mean that would be pretty amazing. I might try do that myself
  14. Being over 1000 days here, I can say that it certainly has changed. Back then it was really about just building stuff and having fun in the community. Probably because people (like myself) couldn't comprehend Store signs and all that mumbo jumbo. Then all these promos came and brought out the overall greed in everyone. Im not saying that the overall state now is bad, it's just not a lively and fun as it was
  15. I remember when I first joined EMC over 3 years ago. About half of SMP6 stood at the spawn welcoming me to EMC. They gave me diamonds, equipment, money, and everything imaginable at the time. Back then 1000 rupees was ALOT. Before the days of promos. Before the Enraged and Minibosses. Before anything super unique about EMC. I feel that how EMC has developed over the years go in a cycle.
    1. Super friendly and helpful not money based
    2. Balance between them
    3. Money oriented and less friendly people
    4. Balance between them
    I feel we are in between 4 and 1, so we are going on a good rise to friendliness. Not saying that there aren't friendly people in the money oriented times, just not as many. I hope you agree with my OPINION. Thanks!
    Kytula and Enterprises like this.
  16. You know, maybe we should bring that back. It would be nice to do that kind of stuff, I've done that before and it really put a smile on that player's face
  17. I think some people need to rethink what a "kind act" is. Sure... We could all get together and drop a truckload of items and rupees on every new player who enters EMC. Regardless of this act, many will still choose to leave and will take all of what was given with them. Many people might think it's rude, but I tend to go with the following ideology:

Give a man a fish and he eats for the day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime - (Paraphrased from memory)

Help them, by teaching them to help themselves. This game is about gathering and building. If you give them everything, you've really only stolen away half their gaming experience and moments where they may have made new, and stronger, friends in collecting those items the hard way.
  18. I dont think most players welcomed like that leave, but it should be a rare. Ayamikun was greeted like that for the 80k member and has been a great addition.
  19. 300k*
  20. The old EMC was a small community of a couple hundred. You are complaining about the natural evolution of a community that grows beyond the personal level. I have been here since only a few months after going public. There are some who were involved in EMC when it was a private GameKrib server.

In the old days we had Justin and Jeremy. I am sure you don't know either of them...

These threads are pointless complaints and hold no merit coming from anyone.
    If you want the small community feel, find a server with a couple hundred people or start your own with your friends. Nothing is going to change about EMC in regards to becoming smaller. That was never the point of it. Justin left because it became too big for him to handle and the joy was taken away from him regarding Minecraft. I personally left because I had the joy taken from me regarding Minecraft as well. It no longer holds mystery and excitement for me. I long for the days when I knew little to nothing about Minecraft and how it was so magical and mysterious. It no longer holds that power for me and I know it never will.
    I do look forward to Dragon Tombs, which is not part of the "old" EMC and I am glad it isn't. There would be nothing to look forward to if it were already done before.

Nostalgia, even when misplaced and sourced from the opinions of others, is not going to benefit anyone. I am member 1097. I joined Oct 29, 2011. I don't pine for the days of yesteryear because though they were great times, I know that it will never be as good as it was. I am also 28 for another 44 days but I don't dream about being a kid anymore because I know my memories of good times are a view of the world through rose-colored glasses. I also know they were not the best years of my life.
    In reality, I dream of the future when I can become a real-life cyborg. I hate this squishy body I am trapped in with it's limited functionality and short use cycle. I would never look back on being a squishy with any form of nostalgia because I prefer to grow and adapt rather than hold on to outdated ideas.

/End of lunacy for now. :rolleyes: