The Music Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SillyWhiteMage, May 16, 2012.

1. My music knowledge mostly ranges from 50's-70's. I'll try and stick to bands you likely have not heard even if you are a fan of classic rock.

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band 1973/1974

Alex did most of theses songs back in the 60's as a soul band, but after his brother died, his music evolved greatly from soul.

Blodwyn Pig 1969/1970

This is Jethro Tull minus Ian Anderson, headed by Mick Abrahams

Love 1967
    Their album "Forever changes" is highly regarded in music snob communities as one of the most influential albums of all time, and this is one of my favorite tracks from that album

Had to split in to 2 posts... see next post for last two
  2. Captain Beefheart 1967
    The only man (Don Van Vliet)I know of that Frank Zappa called "weird". Now that's saying something.

The Sweet 1973
    Now you don't have to think of Wayne's World every time you hear it. But you still will.

If people like the obscure bands, I will post more obscure/underrated 60's/70's bands

3. I have a fever and the only cure is more cowbell.

4. Theirs no HATSUNE MIKU???!? Oh heck to the no
    pat2011 likes this.
  5. Had one of Beefheart's albums back in the early seventies - "Strictly Personal"

and also one of Jethro Tull's (with Ian Anderson) - "Living In The Past"

6. My taste in music varies. I like the stuff my parents used to listen to as well as newer stuff. I'll just post a few for now.

SillyWhiteMage and ZBSDKryten like this.
  7. ZBSDKryten and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  8. She's my IDOL.....
    Btw she's a hologram, but she's still AWESOME
  9. Wow 70s 80s 90s music..... How old are all of you?!
  10. Speaking personally, antique (genuine of course :))
  11. ...... Hahahaha not a place for me I listen to 2000 music
  12. FYI "If This Is It" by Newton Faulkner (see 1st page) was released in 2009 :cool:
  13. I've posted some music that was made in the 2000s. Though the music I listen to most of the people in the other music threads called "weird."
  14. Yup I know that though my parents saved that song on their phones
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  15. Though I really appreciate bananarama's songs especially venus
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  16. 23. As I said, my taste in music varies. I'll post more in the thread later. Also I posted Alien Ant Farm, Shinedown and Puddle of Mudd so :p not 60's 70's or 80's.
    SillyWhiteMage and ZBSDKryten like this.