The Inkstain - An Ingame Newspaper

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Hashhog, Feb 23, 2015.

1. I'll donate 20k :)
    Tuqueque, luckycordel and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Wow, thank you! That's very generous of you. :D Adding to the main post now. :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Just subscribed and I'll donate 5k. ;)
  4. Oh, wow! I finally got around to reading an issue (I really should've done that earlier, sorry), and it's awesome!
    I can now see why this is doing so well, as opposed to previous attempts at an EMC newspaper.
    I really love this, and hope it'll keep going for a while.
    To help with that, I donated a bit of my money (like, nearly 20%, but I'm sure you need it more than I :rolleyes:).
    And on top of that, I actually kind of want to get involved with this as well. Is there any chance I could help you? (in the first issue I saw a staff list, consisting only of you, but that made me think more people are accepted)
    I'd love to do things for this when I have time!

5. Colossal thanks to 607 for a 50,000 rupee donation! :D
    Sure! I'm always looking for people who want to write. The three things I really love to find are people who either write corny jokes for the joke section, stories/creative writing for that section, or (this is the big one!) articles for the Tips and Tricks section. Tips and Tricks in particular can be difficult to write, so I definitely would love some ideas or articles there! However, if you send me any sort of writing sample and I like it, I'd be willing to employ you as a full-time or part-time writer or include your article in the paper (giving full credit, of course).

I also love to hear ideas for themes, article topics, and res showcase subjects, and anyone can submit those. :)
    Tuqueque, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  6. I'd like to write res reviews for your paper.
    Tuqueque, luckycordel and Hashhog like this.
  7. Submit some samples in a private message and that may be possible. :)

Another note is that I'm not opposed to doing two residence showcases or two shorter articles in one issue. The vast majority of the time, I have a lot of extra pages left (Issue 10 was the first issue to hit 50 pages), and there's no harm in adding a bit of extra writing!
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  8. Wow, Hash, you outdid yourself! I may need to get meself a subscription...
    Tuqueque, Hashhog and 607 like this.
  9. If anyone is wondering, I'll be releasing the next one as soon as krysyy releases the monthly News Update. :) The plan is to release two a month: One right after the news update and contest release, the other halfway through.
    Tuqueque, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  10. why am i not on the list i paid the 600 and mailed the book to you
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. I have an inbox full of mail right now. :) After I finish the next issue, I'll claim it all, add it to the list, and make sure you all get the new issue.
  12. Inkstain 12 has been published and sent. It is possible that I missed some people on the list, so if you subscribed and do NOT see yourself on the list, please private message me immediately so I can rectify the situation. :) I will be away for the next two weeks (starting tomorrow afternoon), but I will try to fix your situation ASAP.
    Tuqueque, BevK56, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  13. I would like to be a subscriber
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. Please can I buy a sub
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. Go to /v +inkstain on SMP8, walk to the big, white building in front of you when you spawn, go into the left hallway, and purchase one from the left side of the first chest on the left. :) Mail it to me and I'll add you to the list! :D
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. heyI want one where to buy books

EDIT: Nevermind xD
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Well, this is awesome, I sent my subscription and a donation in.
    Thx:D
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. I want to subscribe, I will even donate 10K for you when I get a chance
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Don't have enough for a subscription yet so I just.bought edition 1 and 2 :p