The Hunger Games! (in minecraft)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by godog4, Mar 30, 2012.

?

Do you think a minecraft Hunger Games is a good idea?

Yes, put it on! 79 vote(s) 95.2%
No, bad idea. 4 vote(s) 4.8%
  1. the correct forum to go to is the TROLOLOL Games
  2. There are several different "hunger games" like events being planned :) trololol is one of them, but shop around a bit and find the one you think is best run.
  3. oh well i thought justin said we cant call it hunger games
  4. I did not say we eat each other! When you kill someone you get a "parachute" with tools and food in it.:cool:
  5. ...I see a lot of potential here...
    But my idealogy is in conflict.
    It should be pvp able, but I wouldn't want our servers to get pvp, not even one..
    and It should be on one existing server, but again, it would need to be pvp able..

I came out with a cleaver idea. I doesn't have to be PVP able at all because that's too easy to do. You can still kill players in the wild in many ways other than sword and bow and armors..

Spleef is my first flash. why kill when u can drop somebody from a dirt bridge or something? Why shooting arrows when skeletons can make it for you and when Creepers are just SO happy to rush in and Boom you up.

Instead of weapons and armors in chests, it should be redstones, equipment to build traps, lava buckets, Mob Eggs!!

To my point of view, that would change the game from simple Kill-Them-All to a inventive Stealth / Hunter game where you need to make them believe they are safe until they trigger your traps and such.
    Seeing a bunch'o'Creepers circling me would make me panic way more than a player with a sword or a bow :p

anyway, just explaining my point of view on the main concept of the game
    MinerNicolas and JabrZer0 like this.
  6. I LOVE this idea! It's not quite the hunger games, but I think it's a GREAT idea. I hope other people agree :)
  7. Also, to help with the process, we would need a way to make the player nametag disappear from the screen so we can't just find them once close enough, that would spoil the game a lot.. Is there any such mods?
  8. Well, I know you can hide your nameplate by sneaking (when your body is hidden from view).
    This is a good idea, but you should still be allowed to make booby-trapped bases so you can protect yourself from any mischievous tributes.
  9. Of course we should be able to booby-trap a base and such. But we should remove any pvp Sword/Bow privilege to base our fights on cleaverness, if you know what I mean
  10. Male from district four
    Btw are u guy saying we have over 25000 people on this server and none of us could make a I'd disappearing
    Nameplate mod?
    And what about the mentors
  11. What if utopia was sort of the Capitol with tributes and we held it there