The Hunger Games! (in minecraft)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by godog4, Mar 30, 2012.

?

Do you think a minecraft Hunger Games is a good idea?

Yes, put it on! 79 vote(s) 95.2%
No, bad idea. 4 vote(s) 4.8%
  1. who cares... its the empire minecraft games now
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  2. I wasn't making a server connection with the reference. I was making a volunteer reference
  3. Maybe there should be a list of the players?
    Also, since there's 8 servers in EMC (including Utopia :)) there would have to be more than 1 male and 1 female from each server.....
    Or just 16 contestants (2x8=16) :)
  4. Honestly, I'd see 4 people from each server (minus utopia). Most residents on utopia have places on other servers as well.

28 people should be more than enough for this.

The supplies issue isn't a problem, but I do see an issue with keeping people in the arena. If they disconnect, give them a 5 second window and then they are DQ'ed (for out of memory / other errors). There would have to be a large arena created to hold all of the combatants though, and stop someone from running off 10000 blocks and hiding.

I would want the games to being fairly quickly paced, not a week long adventure trying to hunt down the last person.
    Brennian likes this.
  5. Let the 50th annual hunger games begin!
  6. Ill be from utopia :)
  7. Maybe just throw 2 in from utopia then, since its smaller, and the statement above.
  8. I'd volunteer. Never done any pvp though, so I probably wouldn't last long :D
  9. I ll still be smp 2 never mind. Mainly because ive played pvp servers and im quite, um , trained.
  10. I'd voulunteer as the male from smp1! :D
  11. This is an amazing idea maybe do it so that either you cannot log off or only when No one is nearby
  12. We need to focus on getting this through the channels to be done, not volunteering for it. Everyone can volunteer after its possible, there's no point in volunteering if we don't at least have an response from Justin on here.
  13. well if we were accepting things, id be from smp2 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. i would like to be the girl from the 12 area with the bow :p
  15. I want to be tribute from district 2 !!
    erm... I mean smp2 :D

Can I bring my 50k bow and protection IV armor? with respiration III of course :p
    And sharpness III fire aspect II :D
  16. id volunteer plzzz i rally want to kill ppl
  17. I might have a server that could be used that has 200 slots, I'm not changing the world but I can dump everybody hours away from the spawn point
  18. We should do new skins especially for this