The Golden Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wisepsn, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Are you ready for 1.7?

Of course! 35 vote(s) 63.6%
Yes! 10 vote(s) 18.2%
Kind of.. 4 vote(s) 7.3%
No. 2 vote(s) 3.6%
I am going to hate it! 4 vote(s) 7.3%
  1. I had a suggestion, why not begin designing this in creative right now. Or, if you already have the design, why not start building the structure before 1.7? If you got most of the structure done, you could just light the portals when the update comes out...
    wisepsn and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. El dorado definitely.

When you say pay rupees, does it count if I provide materials and build?
    SMP6 would definitely work for me, but do we need an outpost around it?
  3. Already doing that. :D I will be doing a lot like seeing the height and testing everything and will try in survival, so I will keep you guys updated with new information.
  4. 1. Yes of COURSE it will count! :)
    2. The Outpost idea I like, and you don't HAVE to live at the outpost. I like the idea because we could make unlimited gold, buildings of gold, gold gold. But of course, it would focus on most outpost on what they do, such as economy of the outpost and leadership, politician, food, militia, etc. I will probably make a thread about that too. I will keep you guys updated.
  5. I am SO doing this. :D
  6. Honestly.... It's great and all that you're doing a project that involves the community but... heres a word advice... even if you don't get enough donations to build this project... it doesn't mean you shouldn't build it. I would advise to start stocking up on your own materials, buying up obsidian, etc. because I have seen many amazing projects like this suggested but never done because nobody "donated"
    jkjkjk182 and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  7. I am still doing the project, regardless with donations. :p EDIT: I never said in my OP that I will not make the project if we don't have donations.. I just want donations because it will make the process a lot quicker. It will still be done.
  8. i have a semi functional wildbase on 6 you could use for a staging area
    wisepsn likes this.
  9. Rumor has it that its going to be nerfed.
  10. No!! this cant happen *crying*
  11. Where? And where did you get THIS information? :p
  12. The latest Ethoslab single player LP, he mentioned that it was rumored to get nerfed. I have no idea where he got it, but he is pretty up to date. :p Also, in the latest snapshot, something.somethingC, I have experienced lower rates.
  13. I don't think that's necessary. Griefers will still grief, and that will not prevent them doing it. I suggest putting "griefer recovery" instead of "griefer security". Everyone can take screenshots at griefers if they see them, and banning griefers is a mod job, not a player's job.
  14. Hmm, well it could. But if I make LOTS of portals it will stop it. Also, if something is rumored, it is not a reliable source. A reliable source is from Mojang themselves, not some Youtuber making snapshot videos.
  15. If they nerf it, it would probably be either reduced spawn rates (nothing we can do about it) or they change the algorithm. Either way, I think it's worth going forward. wisepn, have you built a prototype in SP?
  16. I never said in my post they would ban them. Also, most of the people that are using my farm will be AFKing, so I DOUBT anyone will get any good pictures. They will all just get pvped and blame me and drama starts. This system will basically eliminates this, as well as I will be changing the system a little bit so no one dies. Of course, this project is in a beta stage, and 1.7 isn't out. GS(Griefer Secuirty) will be changed throughout the project when I get new ideas from my friends and I. It is not 100% guaranteed that GS will work out like I think it will. I believe it is extremely necessary, because the last thing I want is to be banned for accidental pvp or something. This system will make everything work, but it will be changed throughout the weeks that 1.7 is released.
  17. Yes, the video includes the schematic. I also built a new one to see if it would work in survival. I have measured the height and the weight.
  18. I didn't say they would ban them, but everyone can take screenshots, not necessarily a guard.