The Golden Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wisepsn, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Are you ready for 1.7?

Of course! 35 vote(s) 63.6%
Yes! 10 vote(s) 18.2%
Kind of.. 4 vote(s) 7.3%
No. 2 vote(s) 3.6%
I am going to hate it! 4 vote(s) 7.3%
  1. Did you check the new nether portal mechanics? I would think that zombie pigman spawning is by the portal, not determined by the size thereof.
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUMqKWBR8tM

Pretty sure it's dependant on the area of the portal.
    wisepsn likes this.
  3. You are allowed to AFK, but if you are working for security you can't. Now, I will allow you sometimes that if you are off the job 1 day to AFK, but when ever you are litarly helping with security you can't. (Unless there are lots of security and tell a few people they can AFK, but this will be rare.) People that are not affiliated with security will be able to AFK for hours. :) I will also be using my rupees to buy furnaces and make them locked, and make them for buildings, for certian places that are security/grief free, but that will be later after the project. To ensure everyone to not be accidentally pvped or griefed while AFKing. :)
  4. oh! that makes so much more sense. I thought you were saying if you want to use the gold farm you have to be alert at every second XD

5. This is the video we are aiming to use. Basically the Project Hub Video. We will have to change it a little and make a way so it can be safer. We will have to remove the glass(make locked furnaces maybe) to ensure no one breaks it and we have people dieing and claiming they were pvp. Another thing we will have to change is when the pigman die. It will be easy for something to happen and the system will mistake a zombie pigman for a player, and people can start dieing and stop using our Gold Farms, so we need to think of ideas quick to ensure no one is getting accidentally pvped.
  6. Ok, this looks pretty awesome! :)
    I'd definitely love to help build, and I could provide materials, primarily obsidian, I'm guessing. In fact, I think we could make this into an XP farm as well as a gold farm. I have an idea to make it toggle-able between two modes, and if this works well on EMC, and we have the space and time, I'd love to help build. Rather than build it on smp1 or utopia though, I would suggest you build it on a less popular server, such as smp3, to reduce chances of griefing, and (as it won't be on utopia) to open it to anyone who wants part. :D
    wisepsn likes this.
  7. I could definitely help build the farm and anti-greifer traps (just ones that made it harder for greifers to reach, but doesn't kill them)
    wisepsn likes this.
  8. Information:

If this project gets enough support, I will have utopia and smp1's gold farms both ready after 1.7. :D
  9. I wouldn't suggest building it on smp1, as the server's popularity increases the risk of it being griefed.
    Building it on a less populated server, smp3 or 6, maybe 7, for example, would keep it far safer.
    THE_P1XEL and wisepsn like this.
  10. Hmm, I really like that idea. It could make the smps a little less small. Maybe I could do that. I will just need a test to see which one is the less populated of them all. :p
    NetherWorld666 likes this.
  11. Yep :) If it were on a popular server (smp1 especially) I'd far rather stay in town, but I could easily help build on those servers which I (almost) never visit.
    SMP1 and SMP9 are ruled out by default
    SMP's 4 & 5 are quite popular from time to time
    SMP's 2 & 8 are the same as 4 and 5, if on a lesser scale.
  12. Why don't I just make my own?
  13. Okay.. random. But okay. Have fun with that.
  14. I will:D
  15. Plans and Ideas

We are planning on making the mega gold farms on Utopia, and smp6. This will hopefully prevant most griefers, and if a griefer does manige to find one of the farms, they will have to get past security first.

Speaking of security, we are trying to find people for hire for security. PLEASE post below if you would like to be security. To become security you must go through these guidelines.

You must use the Empire Player Panel. This will help for getting in touch with a staff member quick. If you fail to get a staff member quickly, you will recieve a notice that you are no longer in security.
    If you have been banned for raiding incidents(PVP, Grief, Stealing, or anything else raid related), you cannot become security. (If you try and make a alternate account we can tell.)
    Remember to do /c l whenever you are checking everything.
    I will look at the EMC map without notice to see if you are online or not. If I leave and you say you will do something, you must do it. Of course, if you had to do something fast thats okay, but having this done multiple times will have your job revoked.

-------------------------------------------

On the Agenda

Make program so the people that pay rupees first get to use the gold farms with coordinates first(this includes security and testers and builders).

Make a Wilderness Outpost so people can live next to the gold farms, have a way to transport there gold fast, and work on economy and leadership there.(Coming soon)

Current names on agenda:

Gold Town, MineVille, Gold Mine, The Golden Veterans, The Golden Outpost.
  16. El dorado? (City of gold)
    NetherWorld666 likes this.
  17. I've played the snapshot it's Awesome!
  18. I've been waiting for the big redwood tree's!