The First Loser |S3:G4|

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Jan 6, 2019.

?

How many games have you participated in before?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2019.
None. 5 vote(s) 27.8%
One. 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Two. 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Three. 4 vote(s) 22.2%
More than three. 3 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. Um, so... this round was processed looking at the spreadsheet for the round, and there was nobody who voted twice this time, so no problems.

Round 9 results, round 10 grid

Winner: Rhycicles (3 votes)
    First Loser: AncientTower (1 vote). Tied for first loser were belac555 and wafflecoffee.
    The tie was settled by Smooshed_Potato.

However, it appeared that Rhycicles had not voted. Normally this would have just been bad practice, but this time it was actually an issue, as he won and I needed to know whether to make safe his row or column. So I contacted him, and he told me... he did vote.
    It turned out that he had entered his own name in the slot for 'Whom do you want to vote for' and entered the name of the person he wanted to vote for in the slot for 'What's your name'. :p
    After some consideration I decided that I would go with the original results. After all, if Rhy wouldn't have won, I'd have done so as well, as I wouldn't have had to ask for row or column, and I wouldn't have been able to recognise the mistake.

It might seem like the conclusion is that you should pay more attention what question you're answering, and that is certainly a good tip for any form, but I think there is another conclusion you should make:
    vote in every round! If everyone would vote in each round, a problem like this would be way less likely to happen.
    Rhycicles likes this.
  2. Ah, you first have "whom do you want to vote for", and then "your name". To me, the other way around seems more logical, so if I would fill it in without thinking properly I'd probably do the same. :p
    607 likes this.
  3. ouch peoples....
  4. Wasn't Rhy's form in this order as well? I guess not, then...
  5. Just leave it for the rest of the game
    If you swap it around mid-game then all of us who got used to it will be doing it backwards :p
    Rhycicles, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. I really don't remember, I'm sorry, but that way just seems most logical to me, and I especially highlight the personal aspect of it, because it's definitely possible that others think exactly the opposite. :p Perhaps, if possible, have the option list thingy say "whom you vote for" and "your name" instead of "kiezen/choose". :)
    607 likes this.
  7. Heh, good call, I wouldn't.
    Besides, to me this order is better. As when I play the game, I concentrate on whom I should vote for, not who I am. So if I decide "Alright I'll vote for Tower as well then" I'll want to select 'AncientTower'. Then when that's done I can pick my own name. :)
    But I guess according to that logic the name should be at the end, and not before the row/column... ;)
    TomvanWijnen and Rhycicles like this.
  8. Round 10 results, round 11 grid

Winner: justjerbear (3 votes)
    First Loser: Top_Benny (2 votes)

This round is the last round in which your row or column will be safe (after that, only yourself will be).
    Rhycicles and Jay2a like this.
  9. Good game guys! Good luck!
    607 likes this.
  10. Round 11 results, round 12 grid

Winner: Rhycicles (3 votes)
    First Loser: wafflecoffee (2 votes)
    Rhycicles likes this.
  11. Round 12 results, round 13 grid

Winner: belac555 (3 votes)
    First Loser: TheFroon (2 votes)

Belac is in the top 3! Let's see who else will be. :)
  12. I think by now I have uploaded and delete at least 10 of these pictures to imgur. >.<

(thinking the entire grid is in my clipboard, but it's always just one or two green squares)

Round 13 results, round 14 grid

Winner: Jay2a (2 votes)
    First Loser: Rhycicles (1 vote). There was a tie, which was settled by TheFroon.

Now for the final round of voting between the three... either belac555 or justjerbear will get 3rd place!
  13. That wasn't very cash money of you :C
    Jay2a likes this.
  14. Round 14 results, round 15 grid

Winner: justjerbear (3 votes)
    Loser: belac555 (0 votes)
    That means belac555 has got third place, congrats!

Now please all vote between Jay2a and justjerbear. :)
  15. Yes that works. :p

Also, (in PM) "the 14 first losers", that works too, looking at it from a logical standpoint. :p
    607 likes this.
  16. I'm sorry, thanks for catching that! It's right in the form, though.
  17. Wait so justjerbear and I can't vote in this round?
  18. Nope, only the first losers can. It wouldn't matter if you could, anyway: justjerbear would vote for himself and you would vote for yourself. Unless of course you'd want the other person to win, but in that case you could just post on the thread "you don't need to vote for me, I'd prefer the other person to win". :p
    Rhycicles likes this.
  19. I like to think I'm a nice person :I
    607 and Jay2a like this.
  20. I used random.org to answer that question and according to random.org you're a one.
    Rhycicles likes this.