The Fight Over Graphics (Go above 1080p?)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ForeverMaster, Aug 21, 2012.

?

What are you aware of the most when you play a new video game?

A. The Gameplay 30 vote(s) 50.0%
B. The Sound Effects, Music, and Voice (If there is any.) 1 vote(s) 1.7%
C. The Graphics 6 vote(s) 10.0%
D. The Game's Length 3 vote(s) 5.0%
E. All of the Above 20 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. What I look for in a game:

1) the case
    the pictures on the case
    people in it
    the words on the front
    multilayer
    graphics (yet i play minecraft)
  2. your not wearing your google glasses!!
    Nole972 and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  3. Minecraft proves that graphics aren't as important as some game developers/console makers/marketing teams make them out to be. It proves that a game can stand on its content and gameplay alone and still be popular.
  4. nintendo is doing something like this on the wii u
  5. nahnahnah Don't mean to hate but its different on for nintendo.
    You see even with minecraft having TERRIBLE graphics its still good because steve has arms.
    Well about the Wii.....
    sneeker134 likes this.
  6. Ya. Nintendo went downhill awhile back. Now, despite their attempts to make some more mature games, is mostly for kids. I don't even think they meant to go that way, its just the kind of games they started making and expanding to their consoles were those kind of games.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. Glassesless 3D screens have already happened with the 3DS.
    It wont be much to make bigger screens like them, but they would be very expensive.
  8. When Zelda becomes a kids game let me know.
    Assasin1010123 likes this.
  9. I don't know if I'd actually buy a glasses-less 3d tv unless they can improve the technology. The 3ds gives me a headache after about 5 minutes. :(

Edit: I'm perfectly fine watching the 3d-glasses-required version though.
    Mikeguy2225 likes this.
  10. The plot is really the big thing for me, at least in campaign-heavy games. (This excludes Minecraft, obviously, because Jeb's attempt at making a plot needs work.) If the plot is boring, confusing, and predictable, then I won't play campaign. It should be like a good movie; keeping you on your toes, full of twists and turns, etc.
  11. Games that I love that fit your description:
    Zelda: a link to the past and on
    Uncharted 2, 3
    MGS: all, however be prepared for some cutscenes that go over the hour mark
  12. I Voted For " The Grapichs "
    I Did That Becuse I Really Enjoy Playing High Grapich MMO's.
    I Play SWTOR And The Grapichs In That Are Just AMAZING.
    I wont leave a game becuse of grapichs but its very importand
  13. Yeah, that was one of the main known problems of the 3DS, but that's why they included an option to turn it off altogether. But that would be something for them to improve on in the future.
  14. Um, no offense to all of the Zelda people, but since all the new releases have been on the 3DS, they are in fact, meant to be geared towards children. The older ones are fine.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. I seem to have enabled motion blur, and it's really getting on my nerves.
  16. The only Zelda game on the 3DS is Ocarina of Time which is a 3D remake of the N64 version. So your statement is not true.
    EDIT: And who ever said the 3DS is strictly a kids device
  17. Just press F8.
    LZBZ_DW likes this.
  18. Real Life needs texture packs. There should be a surgery that is done on your eyes and brain so you can change how you see.
  19. The only good DS games are pokemon. Nintendo should go the sega route. The wii was a flop to all gamers.
  20. i dont think u can acually compare the human eyes vision to pixels because one is light and other is hairs inside ur eye