The Eyeball Thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Keliris, Oct 18, 2015.

?

What is the best eye color?

Blue 69 vote(s) 42.6%
Brown 32 vote(s) 19.8%
Hazel 19 vote(s) 11.7%
Green 29 vote(s) 17.9%
Other 13 vote(s) 8.0%
  1. How the hell do you people do this. My eye wont go straight .-.

EDIT: Was gonna try with my back facing camera, but luckily missed the take photo button, as I had flash on lol
    TomvanWijnen, ChickenDice and 607 like this.
  2. I do it by using the back camera but having the screen face a mirror so I can see if its focused and where the take picture button is :).

3. There ya go...
    tuq1, LeoV, ESSELEM and 1 other person like this.
  4. How are green eyeballs not being voted higher? :eek: Here's mine:

607 and Keliris like this.
  5. Because blue eyeballs :)

6. If you get this, I love you.
  7. I had blue eyeballs until I was five. Then I upgraded ;)

-EDIT-

Here's the proof that my eyes used to be a different color :confused:

8. How?
  9. The pigment in the eye can change. Likely just a slight gene mutation or something.
    607 likes this.
  10. Just wanted to say, I think that picture looks really cute. (is that the right word, or should I say adorable? Whatever seems most logical, or perhaps both :p)
  11. The funny thing is, The exact same thing happened to my Mom. :) So I'm assuming you're right about it being in my genes. I know that most babies have blue eyes when they're first born, but then a lot of them change color. They don't wait five years, though!

Why thank you. :D I was a rather cute kid, if I do say so myself. I don't know what happened since. :eek:
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  12. (-) l (-)
    RestNPineapple likes this.
  13. My eyes were very blue for a while, but they have been getting greyer and greyer. No green, though.
  14. You can still have gene mutations during your life. The eye pigment is by 1 gene. Not sure about the being born with blue eyes thing. Brown eyes is a dominant genes. If either parent has brown eyes then the child will have brown eyes. If the parents both have any other colour, then the child can have any other colour.
    607 likes this.
  15. That makes me feel like any eye colour other than brown will be rare in a few centuries.
  16. Well if the mother has the gene for brown as dominant but also has the blue eyed gene which does not show there is the chance the child can have blue eyes if the father does, right? Sorry if I messed this up don't remember biology that much.
  17. Nope. If there 1 dominant gene then that gene will override others.
    Example:
    B = Brown
    b = Blue
    Mother - Bb (brown eyes)
    Father - bb (blue eyes)
    Child - Bb (brown eyes)

Mother - bb (blue eyes)
    Father - bb (blue eyes)
    Child - bb (blue eyes)
  18. How does my grandmother have brown eyes... I don't get it anymore :p At least I have my light blue eyes that scare some people :)
    607 likes this.
  19. I may have found an answer to my own question which kind of contradicts your response to my past statement as the punett square, Allows for a 50/50 chance does it not?
    RestNPineapple and nfell2009 like this.
  20. My bad, totally forgot that you get 1 allele from each parent. So yes, if your mother and father both a b, chance is you can be a bb/blue eyes. But if a B is passed on, then you will be Bb/brown eyes.
    607 and Keliris like this.