The Community's Outpost (all are welcome)

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by jkrmnj, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Bump as nobody has posted.
  2. Why is nobody posting?
  3. Perhaps because there's nothing to post about. Wait until the next Forms vote, things may move forth then :)
    607 likes this.
  4. Once it's established people can feel more comfortable working on it. Then they'll be things to post about.
    607 likes this.
  5. Congratz!! Established!
  6. Just came here to say the same thing. We now have the ability to enforce rules enacted.
    Today is the day I remove my temporary powers and everything must now go through the voting system. As my last act of power, I am taking the movements currently being voted on and enacting those that are currently passing (all of them as of now). On Friday, any rules that need to be modified based on the final vote will be changed. See the second post for details as to what is now a rule. I will be building my house in the area and I hope others come and do the same :)
    607 and kevmeup like this.
  7. Bump.
    Please don't die...
  8. Don't worry :p
    As the basics go into place, it should become more appealing to players not as interested in the politics of it.
    kevmeup likes this.
  9. I feel like this claim has been made more often than its proven to be true. Instead of trying to be the next LLO, why don't all the "mega camps" just try to be their own thing? Best of luck though.
    607 and kevmeup like this.
  10. This is definitely going to start as a fairly humble outpost but I hope this new system works and people are attracted to come out to an outpost where they can actively make it what they want it to be.
  11. Did you guys have any feel for how close or how far away you'd want an iron farm or tree farm?

Any preference on location of a mine entrance? (I like to make a ladder to bedrock, then an exit at level 10ish for diamond mining)

I checked it out yesterday, it's a nice place. Thanks for having food jkrmnj :)
    607 likes this.
  12. All movements have passed and are official official now :p.
    Since the private to public thing passed, you can build anywhere and just give it up to the community when you feel it is ready. There are currently no restrictions on building as long as you are 2 blocks away from another structure. A good central mine would probably be in the large mountain behind the spawn building.

Also, since there is a fresh and untouched NPC village, we will need to vote on what to do with it. Currently, I can only think of moving all of the villagers into some special trade room and using the houses as a simple base of operation and some community housing for new players. To put it specifically, I call for the following to be voted on next cycle:
    • All villagers are moved without being harmed to a trade zone.
    • The village is fenced off, lit up, and made our central landing zone. A safe pathway will be made from the portal to the village and the buildings will be used for community services. Building within the fenced area will be prohibited without a vote. (Not sure on a diameter for the fence yet though)
    It will also be important to find some use for the chest contents although I am not sure what that could be yet.
  13. Bump. Does anyone have any other ideas on what to do with the village or what to do with the buildings?
  14. How's this going so far?
    607 likes this.
  15. *cough*
    607 likes this.
  16. Thanks. I completely forgot about this for a while. I will work on getting the village thing ready for the next vote.
  17. Good thing I have a poor immune system, otherwise you would have never remembered, right? ;)
    607 likes this.
  18. So, what's the progress since Wednesday? :)
  19. My mouse randomly turns my way too far making Minecraft unplayable unless I am just standing still. My internet has been struggling lately and I can't get the live map to load. As soon as I get the chance, I will be doing some more scouting.
  20. Here is something I would like voted on for next Friday:
    since there is a fresh and untouched NPC village, we will need to vote on what to do with it.
    • All villagers are moved without being harmed to a trade zone. located under the church
    • The village is fenced off, lit up, and made our central landing zone. A safe pathway will be made from the portal to the village and the buildings will be used for community services. Building within the fenced area will be prohibited without a vote. The perimeter of the village will be a rectangle around the edge of all parts of the naturally generated village. Below is an image with a blue box showing what I mean. The villages will be used to show a wall of rules and the message board. The building in the north east will be the new landing zone and with the message board and other amenities. The rest of the buildings will be given a use at a later time on a vote.
    Screenshot (1).png
    607 and 72Volt like this.