The Biggest Library on EMC Ever.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by rock00888, Apr 29, 2014.

1. I do not think the wild is the best place for this. I would give you +1 if it was in town. If you need, I have a residence that can be donated, perhaps you could make a 124x124 res.
  2. Library project still being worked on, more donations needed to expand collection!
  3. :) I can see why many people believe the wild isn't the best place to build a library, for the simple reasons of accessibility, and security of the books.

However, being a nation of many people, i can see why you'd want to build this in your nation. Should be interesting to see how well it works out. And will make a great attraction for the Volt outpost. :)

I'm also keen on getting a lot of things published that may not yet be published. But am being very slack in making it a 'thing'. However, any books that i can get published, i'm sure i can send your way also.
  4. I would highly recommend a system in town with a buy chest where the players can buy the books and then simply sell them back for the same price? It would be exploit free considering you can't copy other people books.
  5. Thank you for that. I am still working on writing a few books of my own. Any book donations are aporiciated!
    I am also considering having 2 libraries now. I still think a wild library although more difficult is something that can be done and something that will be truely awesome when it is. However I do see potential risk and it does limit accessibility. So I think instead of building 1 in the wild we should build 2. 1 in town that will contain sell shops that people can borrow books from and if they fail to return them the borrowing fee will cover the cost of the book and if they do return them they will get a free refund. Then the one in the wild will have all of the same volumes available with a system to check them out.

Boozle if you would be so generous to donate that res you had mentioned earlier I would be forever in your debt.
    I will be editing the main post to reflect this soon. We need more donations of books, rupees, and a residence to make this happen.
    Thank you!
    MeadMaker likes this.
  6. I think a lot can be done even on a regular town plot. If you dig down there is plenty of space! Knock yourself out if you want to create some cathedral of a building, but I don't think it has to be some huge costly project.

Kephras' shops are fantastic and take up only a fraction of the space where they are. I actually like the ambiance there too and would encourage you to consider something with the same type of 'comfy, cozy' appeal rather than huge empty spaces. Of course you don't need to copy the same style, just try to give it a warm appeal where someone might like to relax and read.

Of course, for the Volt community location you should cater to what you and the locals want. By the way I think it's a smart decision to have two locations. Even if they are far apart in distance, I think you should also consider tying them together in terms of building style.
  7. Actually per this thread:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/anti-griefing-update.38869/
    ...that is no longer an issue. For the time being, at least.

Although I agree having a location in town is advantageous and I'm glad Rock00888 has decided to have two locations.
  8. Two locations? Which one would you do first?
  9. Currently I'm planning on setting up a very simple res in town first. One that lends books and nothing else. Then build the wild location and come back and finish the one in town.