The AGA

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PenguinDJ, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There were the Town players and the Wild players. Town players saw the Wild as a resource world, and wanted it reset because of how long it took to find fresh land to mine in. Wild players generally used the Wild to create outposts and form communities, or create farms. Two different play-styles. At this time, there were no guaranteed reset protections, so Wild players built their creations while knowing that they could be reset. Hence the reason that the wastelands were created.
  2. I have played a lot of games where I have had to adapt my play style to what other people are doing even if it didn't seem the proper way to do it. Creating a team with the specific purpose of eliminating people who are teaming up together seems rather... ambiguous to me. It impresses me as similar to hitting a child in order to teach them not to hit people. If I were playing and could tell that some people were not targeting each other I'd probably go somewhere else and let them play by themselves. If they followed me around, that's probably reportable as harassment.

Regarding apples, there are other items like potions, enchanted weapons or armor that give players an advantage. If someone is playing with no armor and a wooden sword, we shouldn't expect everyone else to strip down too.

Rather than make it hard on players who use these items, why not provide assistance to the players who need them to counter the inequality you perceive? You and your team could use a Gold farm to source apples then hand them out at the arenas to even things up. Elevating the people who are having a hard time winning seems like a better solution to me than trying to tear down the guys who are bringing enchanted items to the arenas.
    MatthewDA, ChickenDice, 607 and 5 others like this.
  3. *Copy and pasted from a post I had made on an Anti-Anti-Gapple-Association*
    We did not form this group to harass other players, we formed it because there isn't an effective method to take down a player using gapples. I personally don't think that gapples should be banned from the arenas, but it's a pain to PvP with someone who uses them. Many of us realize it is very difficult to take down people who choose to use them, and we decided to change our play-style to a Team. We are stronger as a team, and people who use gapples are now in a position that they can be taken down. I can see we are getting a lot of hate for this, but this was not meant to harass others. I apologize for any misconceptions about this group. :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. Our views are different if they should be allowed or not :) I think they should be allowed, do I like them? not really. We found a way that works for all of us that can take down a player who uses gapples. :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. That doesn't really mean that you can go against the rules that the thread maker has set... Feel free to discuss it in PM with the founders as he said himself. :)
    607, TigerstarMC, Patr1cV and 2 others like this.
  6. I'm really tempted to get staff involved. This has gone too far. I just don't want to waste their time because we, including me, are acting like six year old children who can't solve their own problems.
    607 likes this.
  7. So aren't you guys going to be teaming against people with gapples?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. Yes, that is what the group is about.
  9. Are your targetting enchanted or regular golden apples, or both?

10. Enchanted.
    FDNY21 likes this.

11. Doesn't the same concept apply to the AGA?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  12. If someone is breaking the rules in the PvP arenas, please report them.

Using gapples currently isn't against the rules.

Teaming currently isn't against the rules, although let's be honest, if it gets to 10000 vs 1, it's hardly fair. :)

Please act your age. Between both these threads, I've seen comments from various people that I definitely expect better from.
    Gawadrolt, 607, Patr1cV and 4 others like this.
  13. PenguinDJ and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. Nope, I'm just preventing people from twisting my words if change ever does happen. :)
  15. Pssh, a 10000 vs 1 is EASY! *gets 10000 vs 1'd. Okay. It's not fair.. :oops:
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. This isn't harassment at all. It's targeting specific PVP players and eliminating them because they use gapples. That isn't against rules. I've had 5 people team up on me for the heck of it, but I played along and didn't stir a bunch of fuss. Gapples and groups are 100% fair. Some people won't appreciate being teamed up on, but that's how PVP works. It's a pretty cool idea, if you aren't a gapple user :p
    PenguinDJ, captaincraft300 and FDNY21 like this.
  17. I strongly oppose gapples and potions (but I can't stop potions and I accept that) and would like to join the AGA. I spend a lot of time in PvP as well :p
  18. Huh...

Looking at all the people having arguments about whether or not someone should be able to use a god apple is wonderfully childish (I myself am not an adult yet, and I still think of this discussion as something a three year old might talk about).

IMO, it is fine to use god apples in the arena. I don't support people using them, but it is one hundred percent up to that person whether or not he/she uses the item.

No, I do not support the use of golden apples. Yes, I will deal with it if someone is using them.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  19. I find it ironic that captaincraft300 has a golden apple in their signature :p
    captaincraft300 likes this.
  20. They do not give invincibility, rather, they give Absorption, Regeneration, Resistance, and Fire Resistance.

And this is like saying "We should gang up on people who use bows because I don't have one and I think it is unfair."
    Gawadrolt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.