Tales Of Eternia By Aikar

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by TetraClap, Jul 17, 2014.

1. This was put up last month, so I am sure everyone who wanted to see it would've seen it by now... :p
  2. What's the 4th page? :eek:
  3. i'm not understanding why this is a 'kill joy' or even a way to cause drama?
    i don't know what the significance of the book really is.. but i really can't see why the hate comments are even being made. so please stop.
    Tuqueque, hoi, samsimx and 3 others like this.
  4. The comments are being made because its a rare item, something collected just so it could be read. This makes it valuable and spoiling it make it less valuable. There are only 32 of them.
    607 likes this.
  5. You are mistaken, the book isn't collected to be read it is collected because there are only 32. The last page tells you to /v eternia on smp7 which was only a secret for about 15 minutes. You can ask anyone on smp7 and I'm sure they'll tell you. There's no need to blame him for exposing the book or to call him a killjoy, if anything he helped the majority of the people because I doubt they would ever see the book.
  6. If the book was meant to be seen by many, there would be more than 32 of them.... ever think of that? Oh and I did buy it to read it, so ehhh you're not completely right there.
    battmeghs likes this.
  7. The books are collectibles because there are 32 of them, it is not a limit to only 32 people knowing the contents.
    battmeghs likes this.
  8. So why not make it a forum post. If it was intended to be known by the masses it would have been posted somewhere the masses could see it, not in 32 books.
  9. regardless of its "rareness" there is no need to be rude and make hate comments over something he just wanted to share with everyone else. I see nothing wrong with that even if there was only one of the books.
    autumnrain26 and samsimx like this.
  10. What hate comments are you referring to? Was I being a bigot or a racist?
    607 likes this.
  11. Do you think all 32 owners would keep it a secret? I am sure Aikar knew that and that is why it says "The secret of Eternia is now revealed". And this forum post may be here, but nothing is here to say you have to read it. This is for those that may never be able to afford one or cannot obtain one, which I think is pretty nice of Kyle, you never had to read this if you didn't want to. :)
    deathconn likes this.
  12. No, but like I said referring to my point. There is was a certain lore to the book, not knowing its contents, one which is no longer there.
  13. The lore is always revealed by the Wiki as it is placed in there, as for the contents, nobody is forced to click this thread. I do see where you are coming from though and I understand why it reveals the content to a larger audience but people were going to find out about it whether it was posted on here or not as the book gets passed from player to player.
    battmeghs likes this.

14. these (though one isn't from you) aren't a bit rude to you? they are to me. and were reported for being as such, which is why it drew my attention.
    the books were made to be shared... if the location wasn't meant to be found and shared then what is even the point of making it at all?

if this arguing continues over nothing i'll just remove all of these and get the thread back to what it was intended for... sharing the location of something that was made to be shared through the word/passing the books around.

15. I know, but that book is special, it's like getting the secret to eternal life and just telling everyone xD

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    The irony XD
  16. I have a question why would you bump such an old thread?
  17. I read it and wanted to comment on the comedy within the irony of what was said. I do think that was obvious ;-)
    607 likes this.
  18. But it's an old thread. If people were still interested it wouldn't have died.
    SoulPunisher, NathanRP and jkjkjk182 like this.