[Survey] What kept you on EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xXBuffa1oXx, Mar 15, 2016.

1. EMC is an non-PvP server, I really don't see why you spent so long on it. Theres way better servers for that than us.
    builder b gone
  2. He already answered, the friends of his are why he is still kinda here.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. Thats kind of rude. This thread is about this server, which he gave an answer to.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. When did I flame you? I was just trying to explain to builder... Eh whatever. Gotchu Dj.
  5. Nuclear magnetic resonance.
  6. At first vanilla Minecraft - discovering the game together with family & friends, as we didn't know the game before joining EMC.

Building the shop and competing with other shops (it was quite easy back then, not as it is today).

Building bases, farms and railways with f&f.

The community and its economy, discussions in the forum, watching how it changes
    ... and waiting to see if the "kindegartness" of EMC will eventually decrease and if the auction quantity and items restrictions will get changed.
    :)
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  7. [About PenguinDJ commenting on not liking EMC]
    Out of respect for Penguin. He shared a negative opinion but in a fair and honest way. I may not agree with his opinion (or like hearing it) but I do respect it.
    607, iamcavie and Dr_Chocolate14 like this.
  8. I've made it very clear the exact reasons for these limits. They won't be going away and there are multiple players that wish they'd actually be more restrictive.

As for the kindergartness, we've seen many threads not make it very far due to players fighting at each other's throats. When the community can behave, then perhaps we'll have less issues that you deem at kindergarten standard.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Why did this thread get heated? It was just a state of other opinions. If you must vent, do it over pm thank you.
  10. So much thermal energy.
  11. Before I was in EMC I was part of another server which I don't remember its name but it was a lot like EMC except that the management was poor and the Dev team was not as advanced as the one here. When you arrived you would get money at log in, you would get a plot in the main town, you could make a shop, ect. The difference between EMC and that server was a player could make his own town which was protected and was implemented into the server as a legit town, there was always a governor (Player most of the time) and other officials like treasurer and ect for each town. Anyways I got tired of that server eventually but it also went down too. After that I started checking out other servers and most of them were ok, but very poor, most of them gave anyone that paid like $200 mod status and that was not ok with me, felt very unprofessional, anyways I bumped with EMC and at first it looked like any other server, except it reminded me a bit of the first server I enjoyed being in. I stayed a lot more than a week which was my score time for other servers. I made friends, enjoyed the system, enjoyed how well tough out the staff was and how well established the system was, its honestly a perfect server, but it started to feel like a whole different game. I began to look at EMC as EMC and not minecraft because of how well implemented it is, EMC feels like it was built on minecraft as a whole separate entity. All in all what made me stay here was the community, the staff and the well designed and implementation of the features.
    607, FDNY21, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  12. What kept me was that EMC was a "play-your-way" server. I tried other servers after I played EMC. But no server can beat EMC.
    PetuniaFigtree and ShelLuser like this.
  13. I stayed because of good people and fun opportunities.
  14. Couldn't have said it better myself. I spent years playing Minecraft in SP just because I LOVE the game, this server is not the first one I've tried but by far the only one that takes a great game and makes it better.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. I stay for the drama in the forums......

Honestly though this is the only server I feel at home with. It's friendly, uncomplicated and a great team building site.
    ShelLuser likes this.