Supporter prices.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Totouga, Apr 13, 2015.

1. I just got 35 bucks for good grades (I get 5 bucks for every A, which is kind of dumb for me because I always have an A...)

Either way, I put that 35 into supporter so i have 3 months of gold.

Maybe convince them (if your grades are good) to upgrade you?
  2. Sometimes Aikar loses money every month...

He has LOTS of fees to pay for EMC.
  3. But somewhere along the line someone has had to pay the standard amount (or won it in a competition).
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  4. haha that is exactly what I was thinking. I charged 25-35 dollars a lawn over 10 years ago. The large lawns, one go is almost two months of diamond supporter.

And I was 12 in the US, with what is technically gainful employment. Pulled weeds too.
    FDNY21 and BlackKnight1021 like this.

5. Why should you support the Empire?

So you want to help the Empire a little bit more than voting and referring? The cost to provide Empire Minecraft's services are pretty high, with us running the following hardware:

• 1 Database Server ($189/mo) E5-1620 v3 CPU with 64GB of RAM, 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD
      Hosts our Databases, Utopia & Staging MC Servers, plus other development tools

• 3x Game Servers ($672/mo) E5-1650 v3 CPU with 64GB of RAM, 600GB SSD + 500GB HDD
      Hosts 3 SMP game servers each (SMP 1-3, 4-6, 7-9) as well as 1 Proxy each (BungeeCord)

• 1x Web Server ($129/mo) E3-1230 CPU with 8GB of RAM, 2x500GB HDD in RAID 1
      Hosts all of our web services, as well as a gateway into the EMC network for additional services hosted on the private network.
    We also may spin up other servers on demand (with plans to here shortly) to improve redundancy (ensuring EMC is always online!). Then we also pay many other important business expenses such as Accountant, Advertising, Research & Development and more
  6. I live just outside of D.C., and if I set up shop at the right time of day, I can make a good bundle. Once, me and my friends made $30 on just ~3 hours of selling lemonade! According to what people have said, that would get me diamond rank for 2 months! :)
  7. Same happened to me
  8. What about me?
    My parents are Asian and so am I...
    And everyone knows about Asian parents! :D
  9. No, go on...
  10. In Asian culture, it is generally frowned upon to donate to EMC. I saw it on the news recently.

This this this this this. It is basic economics/logic that there is never a feasible solution that includes everyone.
  11. Thats quite a nice pay tbh
    Hopefully he won`t go bankrupt in a way, or EMC gone :/
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  12. I don't see the logic in what you are wanting from a parental side. You say you are only allowed to play one and a half hours a day. Why would I pay for something if I am currently limiting the time you are allowed to do it?

In your view, what do you expect to gain when you subscribe? Whatever you do, I hope you stay within the boundaries they have set for you. Some of the suggestions that have been made allow you to do that. It seems to me that otherwise you are taking a chance on them being even more restrictive for little reward.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I take odd enjoyment looking at those specs...
  14. If you truly believe that Diamond at $20 is too much, there are other options... Gold supporter is half that ($10), and iron supporter is a quarter of that ($5). If that is still too much, remember that with a 'manual' payment, you can even donate one dollar.

I always thought that the prices were very reasonable, especially in that many other places out there require you to pay before you could even join in. To this date, I have not heard of one complaint or regret from anybody who decided to support. Remember that the cheapest is still free.

By comparison, a new video game is $60. The new 3DS is $200. XBOX1 is $350.
    The red bull I bought today was $5.50.

Keep in mind that when you purchased minecraft the 'software' code alone does not require servers nor electricity.
    Maintaining an online server requires consistent, ongoing resources. This is also why "Realms" costs what it does monthly, has a very low player cap, and does not allow any plugins...

It all comes down to what you and your parents decide. My only advice, is to respect your parents.
    Good luck :).
  15. If you take a good look on the supporter page on www.empireminecraft.com you will be able to find a well written page on what expenses the server managers have running this server.

As you can see, the owner has nearly 1000 dollars of monthly payments to make.
    Unless Aikar somehow wins 100,000,000 dollars in some lottery, he will need supporter payments to keep EMC alive.
    20 dollars is the biggest supporter package, it will grant you a ton of awesome perks.
    If the 20 dollars is a little bit too much for you, you could take the $10 package or maybe even do the $5 package.

If you believe you need the most expensive supporter rank because of the extra rupees, let me tell you... My supporter rank has granted me around 600,000 rupees in total, which is very little if you compare it to my total amount of rupees.

If you decide not to pay the $20 for the supporter rank, you have the chance to purchae a supporter rank for in-game currency.
    You could work a little bit to earn yourself 500k rupees, and when you have done that, you can afford a Diamond Supporter Voucher that will grant you a month of Diamond Supporter.

To summarize:

I do not believe that EMC's supporter system is too expensive or unfair in any way.
  16. Someone already posted this.. Lol
    BreezyMan likes this.
  17. Actually, Minecraft itself does have updating servers, login servers, and more :p
  18. But that is Mojang's business, not EMC's.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. Prices are fine in my opinion. Becoming a supporter is not mandatory, it just has a lot of great things to offer. If you can't purchase ranks with real money, save up some EMC cash and buy a voucher. Those go for around 300k?
    PenguinDJ, highlancer54 and BreezyMan like this.
  20. Put it this way, some servers are very expensive for example I know a server where the most expensive rank is $500, personally I think these cheap prices attract people to join the server
    BreezyMan and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.