Supporter levels

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by darklands99, Feb 13, 2012.

1. There is an SMP version of this and its used on Tekkit servers.
  2. Ok everyone, I think we have beat the comparisons to death. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to what is valuable to them and what isn't. Net net, EMC is not perfect nor is any server out there, but it is certainly the greatest one I have ever played on(my opinion of course).

Now, let's get back to the original point. What can make a diamond supporter seem more valuable than gold? Let's give EMC staff some ideas as to what can possible be added to the diamond level to keep it's members at the diamond level or influence iron/gold to want to be diamond.

For instance, Yes 1300r is a lot of ruppees and is a little more than 2x gold. But let's be honest. Ruppees is the true "currency" of EMC. Maybe it should be 2000r for diamond. Just saying...

Another idea is maybe what some others have said such as enchantment shops, or discounts on locked chest ect. But, let's be part of the solution and not seem like we are just complaining. Let's give EMC ideas as to what we would want to see... ultimately it would be for EMC owner's best interest to hear these ideas.
  3. enchantment shops for diamond = WINNING :D
    And free vault on all server form dia-supp
  4. 20 euros :D = 26 dollar
    btw i can still pay 20 :D I got giftcode re-seller where i live :D
  5. nice xD showoff... D: i want to support as well xD
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  6. the comparison wasnt perhaps intended as "2 accounts" but to show how the "double" increase in "price" didnt doubled the total benefits if you were to have 2 gold accs... for instance i know at least of 5 ppl in EMC, yes 5... i know we are 10k+... that have 2 accs, there may be more... M fiancee's and I, well we have 2... EMC families have 2-3 or even 5 aint it? do your math on total benefits if all those = gold VS if all those = diamond

Even worse... what if i say:

Pay two months of Gold instead of Diamond and by the 3rd you'll have enough for a suplementary MC account wich you can (if you were to pay diamond) still upkeep with Gold level for the same "monthly" fee.

Nice aint it?

As for a diamond only perk to make it worth.. I woulda said that keeping XP on death was the decisive factor.. but now that EVERYONE has it, it kinda breaks the point...

Letting the non-skilled players (ones who die on every cave) keep their XP....

when some others bust their asses with diamond armor, chants to stay alive... totally closes the gap between those who know how to play "SURVIVAL" VS all others... then what those the "hardcore" players get in exchange? nothing.. perhaps a decreased value on their hard earned XP chants....

Overall bad idea IMO... not only messed up the economy but left the "hard earned" XP be left aside and turned it into +playtime = +benefits (XP) instead of +skill = +benefits (XP)

Time to run naked, kill 10 mobs, die, rinse and repeat and fill my XP bar to get silktouch, while it took 2-3 sets of diamond armor, some stacks of food and a bit of survival skills to do it}

It no longer requires you to carry torches (buy em or have to farm wood and coal) light up all the cave so mobs doesnt spawn on you, make a base, be careful on each corner, to stay alive and keep it... now you can go "RAMBO mode" and dont care if you die....

Hell not even attempt to go back to spawn point to get back to town... you filled your XP bar? fine, go get killed, respawn by portal room, take town portal, go to /home get to your chanting table room and profit...

ALL to please the masses...

Next Update: CREATIVE MODE for everyone... since LOTS of ppl cant gather their own resources or complain abut shop prices...

Where is this "lets please the "community"" gonna stop and make a difference between those who "PLAY teh game" and those "who's Game plays em"?
  7. 2 diamond = winning XD
    (And bankrupt XD)
  8. please explain your math behind it... (bankrupt pretty much explains it) but beyond that?
  9. you still lose your stuff when you die. and who goes all rambo survival to earn xp for enchants anyway? everyone uses mob grinders for that.
  10. Who's everyone?
    Where are ALL this mob grinders that allow 10k players to use em indiscriminately?

Support your replies with facts

if EVERYONE used mobgrinders.. silk touch wouldnt had gotten up to 28k rupees back when tha XP update leak hadnt happened...

But now with the XP update... have you noticed the crazy increase of "WTS/AUCTION" posts for chanted stuff?...

The effort to get chants was just left behind in teh dust
  11. What I mean is it give more that all that was mentioned. But it cost more too. And I didnt consider about cost efficientcy in that post. So 10 Diamond Account = winning too :D :D
    As said there "Bankrupt" I will not be allow to eat anything because all my lunch money is going in to that.

NOTE : "Bankrupt" is common joke on trollscience.com :D
  12. so you can use sweeping generalizations about the masses, but if i do, i must support them by facts? please. you just like to moan and argue. /unwatch.
  13. yay... one less, who's next?

damn dude... if you were a bit more smart and actually read the context on where "I used sweeping generalizations about the masses" you'd notice it has facts after and before it that supports the statement...

Love when ppl run out of smart comebacks and just /leave convo...

leaves me with that sweet scent of triumph...

"he who feels he's rigth, will continue till his point has been made"

"he who just attempts to seem right, at the very first sign of running out of arguments leaves like a coward"

either way... feel free to keep pitching in $20 for 3 residences and OMGWTFBBQ TNT

i'll (if it was the case) will pitch in the same $20 (supporting the community) but will get more everythign than you... thanks
  14. Personally, the only perk I cared about when I decided to support was the guaranteed ability to connect, regardless of capacity. The other stuff is just icing on a delicious cake.

The way I feel about it is that since I enjoy my time here and appreciate the work the staff puts into keeping this place running for us, it's totally worth pitching a few bucks in to keep things running. Granted, I know this way of thinking has already been beaten into the ground, but it's the way I feel about it.
    RaNiSiMa likes this.
  15. M8, we are not arguing the "supporting the community" part of it.. i believe we all here agree on that... its cuz all of you (us) who support/ed the community that EMC is so great, we discussiong the differences between the same $20 pitched in in 1 accoutn and in 2 of em

cuz $20 x1 its still = to $10 x 2 aint it?
  16. Unrealistic-Expectations-of-not-having-tnt.png

17. I know you're not arguing that, RaNiSiMa. All I was saying was that the core reason (optimally, which generally isn't the case) that anyone should really decide to pay IS for supporting.

As for the perks, if you went with 2 Gold accounts instead of 1 Diamond, you would get all of the following more:

100 more rupees per day, and one additional Utopia residence.

You would lose the ability to use TNT, though that seems to be a weak benefit to being a diamond supporter to you. It doesn't really matter to me whether or not I can use TNT, either, but that's not the point. As an additional cost to gaining a second Gold account, though, there is of course the $26.95 cost of purchasing the game again, and unless you have a reason to use that other copy of the game, it's a fairly wasted investment. Amortized over the course of a year, you will have paid an additional $7 for two gold accounts than you did for a single diamond account. Sure you'll have 36500 more rupees than with just the single diamond account, but that too is just a yearly total.

Not to mention the amount of time that would have to be spent logging into the other account to perform maintenance. You would have to go and claim your two residences separately, and make sure flags are properly set on them so your main account could use them. Additionally, you would have to log into that account at least periodically to pay out the rupees it earns to your main account. If we look at it over the course of a year, that will likely add up to at least one or two hours of time spent maintaining that second account.

And finally, going with 2 Gold accounts instead of 1 Diamond account also translates to approximately $3.60 less per year that the server actually receives after fees. That doesn't sound like a lot, but if thinking like this convinced all diamond supporters to go to 2 Gold accounts, that could add up to hundreds of dollars lining Paypal's pockets instead of helping to support this community.

Personally, I don't think the small benefits gained from claiming 2 Gold accounts over a single Diamond account are hardly worth the extra time and effort, or the amount of additional money going to paypal instead of actually supporting EMC. I suppose it all boils down to how you see it, but I'm reminded of JFK's inaugural speech, in which he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you... ask what you can do for your country."
    nnnnmc1 and Omeletrice like this.
  18. http://brofi.st/
    raenis likes this.
  19. PLus all the above and the end, (had to make post not a reply quote wall :) )

Ask
    MR2R2M and MR2R2M_2
    Crazy1080 and crazy 1800
    Mystul and Truthinore

and plenty more =)