[Suggestion] World Cup Promo

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Bunkerllama, Mar 29, 2014.

1. I personally Disagree with this promo, The World Cup is not the most watched game on TV. Maybe where you live, but not here. The Olympics is the Most Popular and we don't have a promo for that, why should we have one for this. Also not everyone likes Soccer, in fact i hate it, never liked it, screwed up my leg and foot playing it at school, and i find it boring. A sport i bet that is more popular than that is Hockey, like the NHL and the smaller teams, Heck that's all i hear on the news, and on the news paper. i never hear anything about the World Cup, maybe the odd day, but not as much as Hockey.

All the Promo's are Either Staff Related, or EMC Origin Related. So when there is say a Independence Day, we have a Promo for that, But when I have Canada Day, there is no promo for that only because that holiday is not one where EMC is.

EMC also has not interest in bring in something such as the World Cup, only because it is not that big, nor is it something everyone likes, nor does it even relate to EMC. If EMC brings that in, then they would have to bring in all the other ones the the NHL, and Foot Ball, etc, and it would be pointless.

Well that is my opinion on this topic, anyone agree with me, just say so, or leave a comment saying anything you disagree.

~Finchy
  2. What if we screw the promo part, and make a sort of event where there's a drop party that has this or something like that.
  3. Like you said, the world cup might be popular in your area than it is elsewhere. You say Hockey is much more popular in Canada/US, but I hear nothing about hockey in the UK. I do have the disagree with you that the World Cup isn't big. It is big, especially in the UK and probably more European countries.

I agree that promos should cater for the majority of people on EMC. Not everyone likes Football and I'm not actually a great fan, but the world cup is something I can get into. I don't necessarily agree with a promo, but everyone is welcome to play along with my competition for the World cup, whether you know everything or nothing about Football. :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  4. I think that having something like a promo would be cool, just not necessary. I happen to love soccer/football, as my dad used to work in a soccer/football stadium, and all of my friends play it. I used to, then I moved and there wasn't a team I could join then. I love the World Cup, and it is a big event, but I know that some people think that soccer/football is totally and completely boring because it takes forever to score a goal. My brother for one, is one of those people. I like this idea, maybe it could be a promo, but not everyone has to get it if they don't like soccer/football. Nice idea though!!!

P.S. For those who have no idea why I put soccer/football instead of one or the other, I did it for the people who call it football and the people who call it soccer, so that there isn't a huge bit of confusion.

-Hermioneluvr
    Bunkerllama likes this.
  5. Possibly not a promo maybe, but maybe an item you could purchase in the shop? Just something for those who want it. Idk. Just an idea people.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  6. Players don't have to buy promos. That's why everyone gets one for free. That is a pathetic excuse for why you wouldn't want a promo.
    Yes, you are correct, however you are not taking into consideration the fact that the World Cup does not even occur until June, leaving plenty of time for no promos.
    First off, maybe the fact that the Olympics has multiple sports leads to the fact that it has more views than the World Cup? "The Olympics" is not a sport. However, Football is, so one could say that Football is the most watched sport (game) on television. Also, did you seriously just suggest that Hockey is more popular than Football? I can understand you saying that Football isn't very popular in general (which I still wouldn't agree with), but comparing it with something like Hockey... That makes me shiver. Hockey isn't even close to the popularity level of Football, maybe in your area it is, but Football is clearly the most popular sport in the World. And even if the Olympics has more views than the world cup, I can guarantee you that when the World Cup is on, it completely dominates view counts on television. Not to mention, like I already said before, Football is a sole sport, not a lot of sports bundled together. If you took the view count for any one sport in the Olympics, I'm positive it would not be as big as the view count for a game in the World Cup.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. People buy tons of promos from other players this isnt a "pathetic" excuse it's my opinion which is what this thread asked for.
  8. And I'm stating mine :)
    And you are correct, a lot of people do, but that shouldn't dictate whether or not a new promo should be released.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. Oh, oh, I like this! Lets have a bunch of different dyed leather tunics, you can pick only one.
    Each one has a different colors on it, and has a different name (team Brazil, team Spain, etc.). It has no enchantments (or maybe protection 1), and is soul bound, final, unbreaking.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  10. Yes. And finch_rocks_1, almost every country plays soccer/football. As far as I am aware, even though I truly am making a deductive guess, that it is a Very popular sport. In Africa it is huge as well as in the UK. In America its huge, and in South America. So, even though I have no website to truly back this up, its a well thought out guess. Soccer/Football is a major sport, and it doesn't mean that you necessarily have to get the promo if there is one.
  11. Most promos are because of a special day or because of a celebration. This is like having Super Bowl or World Series promos, there's really no point because I wouldn't say it's a "celebration," it more of an event that may or may not be interesting to some people.
    Kells18, OrangeDuck607 and cddm95ace like this.
  12. did you make a tread for the Football comp. May I get the link to it?
    -
    I love the Idea of a promo for world cup 2014, It could just be a leather shoes that give you speed II for like 5 mins when worn, then theres a cooldown period called injury time.
  13. There wasn't an item promo, but we did get the awesome (and time consuming!) EMC games.
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  14. The world cup is soccer?
  15. I haven't yet, but I will when it comes closer to the time. Probably in around a month or so. I will link it here if you like. :)
    SkareCboi likes this.
  16. No, no it's not. Not at all, actually. the Super Bowl and World Series is something only the US cares about, whereas the World Cup (as stated many times before in this thread) is a global thing, every country that can watch it will watch it.
  17. I approve this..
    Also...
    FIFA.PNG
    JaydenFerrer123 likes this.
  18. World cup? What sport is that for?
  19. Soccor/football :)
  20. I thought it was a drinking competition :oops: