[SUGGESTION] Voters horse

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MrAdazahi, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ive posted something like this before, but it was a while ago and i dont want to bump the thread since its so old.

So this is pretty much repost, also id like to get a staffs attention this time so this can actually become a thing.

It would be some horse egg you get at a high voteing streak. When you spawn it, it should always have the same stats, something like 130, 80, 30

The thing about the voters horse, is that it never dies, as the tools never break.

The "never dies" thing is when all of its HP has depleted, it dies, but is stabled instead of dieing.

It also doesnt drop leather, to prevent infinatle leather farms xD

Krysyy plz notice me senpai srsly i want this to happen

EDIT! The original post had it as a voters MULE, which is a good idea because that means you could give it 100 jump and it wont be op cuz it cannot be bred!
  2. Same
    ExExUnderscore likes this.
  3. This would be a cool idea, however the majority of players who play EMC wouldn't be interested in a item like that. There also wouldn't be much a point for it seeing as players get a starter horse when they join.

Also... I don't even know if the Dev's would even be able to code in a never dying feature on a spawned mob. The coding required to make that happen would be like creating a totally different mob, it wouldn't behave like a normal minecraft horse. -1
    ExExUnderscore and Ryan_A_ like this.
  4. I'm pretty sure it's possible. All you'd have to do is check if the horse dies. If that returns true then simply cancel the event that causes mobs to drop loot and then add a horse to the player's stable. Or after canceling the drop loot event you could simply cause another horse to spawn ontop of where the old one died. If all that fails minecraf has an invulnerable NBT tag that can be added to mobs. Not 100% sure this is how it could work, but it's an idea.
  5. I feel like stats should be adjusted a bit, but other than that it seems pretty cool. Also it should be un-breedable, because it provides a basically free way to surpass the 5 minute breeding limit. +1 though!
    Sgt_Pepper4 and ExExUnderscore like this.
  6. *checks voting bonus: 1346*
    Hm.

There've been so many discussions and suggestions on new / additional voting incentives, my only thought at this point is "I wonder how much crap would be in my mail if I logged back in a year from now?"
    I support just about any kind of additional voters' items, but that's coming from a tiger whose last voting toy was over a thousand days ago...
  7. 1) idk but a starter horse isnt exactly a 130 speed 80 jump 30 hp horse that never dies
    2) lots of players who use the waste would like to see it happen, especially those like you and i who dont like bringing fast horses into the wild just so that they die
    3) i spoke to eviltoade about another idea i had that was pvp with horses, and the horse would stable when you die, he said it would require custom codeing to happen, meaning it can happen but would need a bit of code to do so. I dont mean to advertise, but a game on mineplex called bacon brawl makes it impossible to die unless you hit the enemy into the void (which instakills anything so thats understandable) it seems to have been done by constantly /healing the player, maybe the horse wont stable upon death it will just not die (repeated /heal on the horse by some dev magic) unless you find a way to toss it into the void :p
  8. Thats why i mentioned it being a mule, they cannot breed at all. Also it only surpasses if you have 2 and for most breeders a pair of 2 130 horses no matter the other stats isnt really much, the only point of things like dasher is to be bred with higher speeds to bump the hp and jump up.
  9. And you think people can't just go buy horses like this? Also may I mention if players get a horse like this it will give them 1 less reason to buy horses from other players? Whether its a mule or a horse that will become the only mount they ever need to travel the wastelands/frontier. What this all means is bred horses/donkey's/mules will only serve a purpose in town.

Lol in case you didn't know I am currently using a 130 speed horse for waste travel. Players in general who travel the waste in search of stuff would be more concerned about events like drowning, suffocating and fall damage to kill their horse, 2 of those causes forcibly kick you off your horse while riding. The dev's would have to make sure the command still executes even when your not riding the horse.

It's still the staff's choice to let this pass, though its unlikely it will be interesting to see this.
    Baradar67 likes this.
  10. Pho idk how rich you have gotten since last time ive seen you but most players cant afford a 130 horse every time they go into the waste.

Personally i use a 100 speed 92 jump 30 hp starter horse for waste travel, abd you told me you use a horse with about those stats when i asked you a bit ago.

And as i said, the command would be something along the lines of just constantly /healing the horse voters horse, so weather you are on the horse or not it should be fine.

Tl;dr
    Not everyone can afford a bunch of 130s and the devs have done some cool things, like just the fact that you can know a horses stats to an exact decimal is amazing. Unless a dev says otherwise im convinced this is possible in some way.
  11. A 130 horse is not that much (I seen shops selling for a few k Rupees), and anyone willing to vote to get to that high will have more than enough funds...

I also think a Voters horse can be a Bit too OP.

And the issue with the command, it there are many cases where a command will be hard to have a simple /whatever as it cold conflict with another item.

If this horse was to be voters item, it sounds like it would have to be in the 1500 vote bonus range due to the overpowered and all from the horse.

Sorry But i am still a -/+0 as it seems like this one would be way too overpowered. Maybe if the horse was only allowed to be in town, and unable to leave then i would say +1.

~Finch
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  12. How can it be OP a horse? it isnt, by far, the best/fastest way of traveling...

maybe just add an special voter stable, which makes the horse unusable for 20min if it dies
  13. The staff like to focus their time and energy on big projects that actually apply to the whole server. Some suggestions you see on the forums may look promising but ultimately get passed up for bigger projects. A dev or higher rank will look at this thread and that will determine if this even is worth considering.
  14. Then lets wait for that
  15. Erm, an unkillable horse in town where no horse can be killed seems a bit useless, like tuq said maybe itd have a cooldown?
  16. Well the fact that it can not die....
  17. So?

If we use haunted candy we cannot die or if you eat gapple. Why can't the horse live a long life, and why can't voters get a life long companion that is a horse)? I mean, it isnt that big of a deal. Either way, There are very few times a horse dies, and that for me is accidental drowning. It isn't like Mojang ment horses to die. A regular MC player doesnt fight(melee) a creeper on a horse, so either way the horse won't die due to player preventions or you can just type /stable store and boom, safe horse
    ExExUnderscore and TomvanWijnen like this.
  18. Don't want your horse to die? Give it a gapple. If you die in minecraft, do all your items go "Oh hey look you burned in lava but here is all your stuff"?. No. If a horse dies, it's dead.
  19. Like im gonna feed my horse 5k to protect it for like 15 seconds... gapps were nerfed remember?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.