[Suggestion] Teleport to Server Portal... (Title Too Long)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by willies952002, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Full Title: Teleport to Server Portal When you do /home on Another Server

I'm not sure if this has been suggested in the past or not (didn't find it on the already suggested list), but I was on SMP4 just now and half-mindedly did /home trying to get to my home on SMP1 but as you'd expect got the "That residence is located on a different server!" message. This started to make me think.. if the server is able to detect where a player's home residence is, why not teleport them to the portal located under spawn for that server?

Of course it would only work in town and could possibly have a Confirmation GUI tied to it so the player wouldn't be immediately teleported away from where they were just in-case they wanted to take note of it.
    _cTJ_, Roslyn, Equinox_Boss and 3 others like this.
  2. +1 Would love this :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. +1
    including the message it's on another server, and what smp it actually is on :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Would be better off to have an auto-server-switching mechanic built into the /home command, something I've bugged Aikar about, but I think it's a little complex.
  5. I think it would be Krysyy, even, with my sort of primitive coding skill, I believe it could be done, but complex. Buuut... +1
    Wither_Addict and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. +1 I want this, you want this, its first grade spongebob
  7. +fox
    NuclearBobomb and Roslyn like this.
  8. +9001

Just have it switch the smp automatically.
  9. If that where to happen, you would then need to have a confirm to confirm that you really want to switch.
  10. Good idea Finch
  11. Actually, I disagree. If you are typing /home don't you really want to go home? Even if you're on a different server? How many people randomly type /home that don't mean it?

I think it should be like /firefloor now, kicks you to smp4 and tells you to do it again to get to firefloor. There are already plenty of commands that need confirmation, simply not typing /home at any old time is enough imo.
    ShelLuser, 607 and takenID like this.
  12. I think baradar has a point, if Aikar likes this/Devs like this, then they just make it like the FF command, and change it a bit, and it should work; they may just make it tp to you to your Home 1 SMP (your first res, bc some people may have more). It would be nice if it also, maybe, it teleports you to your home SMP, then on a delay it teleports you to your home? Like 3 seconds?
  13. If I remember correctly, there is actually a command queue system already in place, but what if the player isn't at a location where they could normally run the command, such as the waste or frontier?

Although, a system where it does queue up the command, then when it goes to run it, check if the player is at a location considered "town" (Town, Shop World, Wastelands Outposts, and Frontier Outposts), and then have the player run the command if the condition is properly met.
  14. yeah willie, I think your on the right track...
  15. I don't see this being particularly useful. Also, I wonder which portal it would teleport me to. :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. You mean in terms of reses? Also, we cut out the tp to portal, its just tp to SMP; I feel that it would tp you to your 1st res, meaning /home 1 or just /home
  17. Yeah, but, you know... Well, try typing /res info [my playername] in-game or in your head. ;)
  18. That's the current default action if you type /home now. And if you type /home 4 then the system as proposed will send you to the smp that home 4 is on. The code wouldn't be any harder.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  19. Yeah, thats sorta what Im getting at Bara, Im not sure what 607 means...,